That was the question, the whole podcast-project-thing started.

To be honest, I had no idea, what a podcast was. An I had definitly no idea how to make one. Honestly, I still fell like I don’t.

So, as I said, that question is how this task began… And let me say, it was much more work than I thought it would be.

So, before Christmas break in a Humanities class, my teachers told me, that we were going to make a podcast about what can one person reveal about history in Chinatown. They explained, what a podcast is, and how we are going to make one.

First, what is a podcast? To make it easy, it is something like a video, just without the picture. So, just sound. A bit like a audio-book, just that nobody is reading a book to you.

So, what did we do? Or better, what were we supposed to do?

Planned were three trips to Chinatown in school time. One to see Chinatown and learn something about it, and two to interview somebody in groups of ca 3 people. But I was sick at the first trip, sadly. The second trip my group, consisting of Nash, Matthew S. and me, were supposed to meet somebody. But this person did not show up for the interview. We did not know what to do, so we called our teachers. They tried to get a different interviewe for us, and they did, but we had to wait, because he was busy. Then, finally, we had a short interview with him, but because our questions were not made for him, it didn’t go that well. Finally, on the third trip, we interviewd Glen Wong, the son of the first Canadian-born chinese accountant in Vancouver. The story of his family he told us, is very interesting, and he made the interview very easy for us, because he had many things to tell, so we didn’t get stuck that often.

After we were done recording, the next step was finding a topic for our podcast and writing a script. But fist, there was Christmas vacation. After Christmas vacation, we had to start writing a script. To be honest, I’m not good at finding a question for something special under pressure, and even if I’m trying to improve that, I’m horrible at time-management. So, of course, I started working too late. And then, when I was almost done, my IPad broke down, deleting everything. I think you can imagine, how upset I was and am.