EⓂ️🅾️🎷ℹ️ 🔼®️🎚 🎨

Emojis are a universal and versatile form of communication. What might take a sentence to describe can be summed up easily with 😂.

For this week’s Student Blogging Challenge, we were allowed to choose from four Emoji related tasks:

1. Emoji Related Story Prompt

2. Emoji Guessing Game 

3. Emoji Math 

4. Emoji Art

My choice was to do the Emoji Art Challenge, in which I decided I would redraw:

The final product turned out as:

The reason I decided to choose this challenge was to improve on my shading and redrawing skills. As a hobby, I regularly participate in art contests which usually require the participants to redraw a specific item or creature with their own spin on it. They are commonly judged on creativity, realism, and tone; all of which I decided to practice on this picture. Adding green eyes, more detail to the fur, and closer to realistic proportions I turned what was originally a simple sprite into my own creation. Using an Emoji was a great choice for this because it requires you to take a simple sprite and give it more detail without loosing the original look. I can still improve on my fur textures and shading, but this is a step in the right direction.

🙏 for reading!

Did you do the same challenge? Send me a link to it below in the comments and I’ll check it out.

2 thoughts on “EⓂ️🅾️🎷ℹ️ 🔼®️🎚 🎨

1. Hey Emily,
    I love your emoji art. You are very talented. Did you recreate the sprite on paper or using a digital tool? I didn’t complete this task because I’m not a good artist. You added so much more dimension to the simple emoji. My students created emoji stories this week. You can check them out from our class blog, if you’d like.
    Best wishes,
    Mrs. Cremeens
    http://www.lchs7write.edublogs.org

1. Hello,

Thank you for your comment. My art was created digitally using the app Ibis Paint, and I think it’s really cool the way you used emojis for this week’s challenge.