💥IMPACT!!!!!

This last Thursday was the PLP spring exhibition, “💥Impact!”, where we as PLP learners showed our work from throughout the last year to our family and community members. I was put in a group of 9 grade 9’s and we were tasked with the annex AKA the technology room. Our question that drove our room “How do we use technology to deepen our learning?” After several different drafts and a lot of revisions we decided that this is our answer

“We’ve used technology in all of our projects from making videos to keynote presentation. Technology allows us to present our understandings and learnings in different ways to reflect on a multitude of different projects such as our documentaries, animations, and medium is the message and overall enhance our learning for the better.”

Our first step in creating our exhibition room that shows our work in a way to answer the question was to brainstorm. We brainstormed what work we did that deepen our learning through the use of technology. We knew we had to include the maker documentaries and we also decided to show our vibrant videos and show our knowledge about how to use our apps.

Next we had to come up with food, costumes and an interactive activity. For food we decided to do something that in hindsight probably was too complicated to do. We created app cookies, what we didn’t think about at the time is that we would have to make 100 cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ended up having four group members each make 25 and one group member decorate all the cookies with the help from her friends. The interactive station plan was for it to be a green screen and action movie area where you can try out some of the editing techniques we learned and applied to the vibrant videos. 

Now it was time for us to come up with a room layout. In the drawing we had to include where everyone was standing including all the grade 9 and all 10 of the grade 8 that were showing there work in our room as well. This took many different drafts and tested my teamwork and patience skills, but in the end we created a detailed map. 

The exhibition

The two hours before the exhibition was chaotic as my room realized that we have a lot of extra space in our room, that the projector we brought doesn’t work and that the drinks taste terrible.  At 5:30 the chaos ended and people starting entering our room it. On my break I was able to look at how other rooms how they answered the driving questions. I especially liked the beyond the classroom interactive station.

My room quickly ran out of cookies (my sister ate like four) and drinks. My station worked well and a lot of people liked being hit by a car😁 in the action movie app. 

Below there are some video my friends created about the exhibition.

One thought on “💥IMPACT!!!!!