Well folks, christmas is right around the corner! Well, maybe a few blocks down the corner. In this blogpost I won’t just be talking about christmas, I’ll be talking about the whooooole preparation leading up to christmas. And believe me it is a pretty big schtick in my family. And at the end of my post there is a fun wintery themed quiz. Honestly the winter is one of my favourite seasons.
First of all, I don’t celebrate christmas as a religious affair. Christmas is just a family holiday. I get to spend time with my family. But what exactly do we do on christmas?
- We often go to Kelowna. My grandparents live in Kelowna, plus it actually snows there.
- We get the tree. Was struggler to get it onto the car. It fell off once.
- We proceed to not decorate the bottom of the tree because the dogs eat the ornaments if you hang them two low.
- We drink a HUGE amount of eggnog (with nutmeg)
- My gran and I make cookies, I make some pretty wicked molasses cookies. Also gingerbread houses are a must.
- A big christmas eve dinner with much turkey.
- My brother and I are forced to stay in our beds even though I cab tell you that we are absolutely dying to see whatever is under the tree. (Hopefully not something edible, we learnt the hard way that the dogs managed to break into the boxes).
- And then we lie around all day recovering from last nights turkey over dose. Maybe possibly go outside, only maybe.
Well thats it for what I do on christmas. i hope you enjoyed reading about it. Here’s the winter themed quiz: