Honey Doughnuts advertisement drafts

During this “Medium is the message” project, I created 3 advertisement drafts for Honey Doughnuts in Deep Cove. I really enjoyed making these drafts and I’m excited to see the final product. Below there are the ads and the process of them written under.

Draft 1

For my first advertisement draft, I used a honey coloured honeycomb design for the background and the Honey Doughnuts logo. I then added two photos of Honey’s food that I found on the internet. Finally, I typed “ Eat fresh, Eat local” next to one photo and “Delicious food all year long”.

Draft 2

For my second draft, not much changed. With the photos I  used from the first draft, I just cropped them bigger and wider to make them look better with the rest of the ad. I kept the text the same except I changed the font to a different more coffee shop feeling font. The logo and the background stayed the same because I got no comments on them and I thought they looked good.

Draft 3

Now for my third draft a lot of the layout changed. The logo and the background are the only things that stayed. I changed the text to “fresh food and goodies served daily” in black but in a handwritten font. Under that I collaged two different dishes from their menu with a white border. At the very bottom I put their website and their phone number in a modern black text.

Overall this has been a great project and I really enjoyed learning about advertising.

• Covalent bonding storyboard