Double Gulp Slurp Juice ๐Ÿงƒ

How can we predict our finances for the future?

Welcome to my final Scimatics blog post. For our last project, we worked to see how much money we would make over time from our business using equations and graphs. This project was pretty short and I guess was kind of useful since it was an introductory to graphing

We started this project by deciding what we were going to sell. What we decided to sell had to be something we could make because we needed to incorporate the startup costs for our graphs that we would end up making. I chose to sell Slurp Juice, a healing potion from the famous game of Fortnite.

The next step towards achieving our goal was to create a spreadsheet including how much we would sell our product for, the total costs of everything we needed to buy in order to run our business, how much time we would be putting into our business, and the total startup costs. This way we had everything recorded and ready to create our graphs.

The third part of this project was to make an equation for our spreadsheet. We laid out or equation in a way so that we could put it into an app called Desmos for our future graphs. What my equation represented was y = (Saleprice รท Timex – expenses, so my equation ended up looking like y = 3.75/5.2x – 106.99

Finally we put our equation into our graphing app called Desmos. As soon as I added my equation, immediately a positive linear graph appeared. After editing the size of mygraph, i could see how long it would take me to make the money i spent to make my business back and it looked like it wasnโ€™t going to be fast. It looked like a pretty steady line except for the fact that it would take forever to make enough money to live in a place like Vancouver.

Finally, our final product was to create a short video that goes over everything of the above, a comparison with another job, and how my business affects the environment.

Final Time is Money Video Here

Thanks for reading this post and the rest of my Scimatics blogposts. I definitely believe this was a completely different experience than I would get from the mainstream courses. I thought that a lot of our projects were really creative and I had a lot of fun in these classes.

๐Ÿ‘‹