Quite Possibly The Greatest Advice You Will Receive In Your Life

I would like to say that I am fairly experienced with the ins and outs of high school. I have been through most of it, after all. While it is not without it’s challenges and expectations, if you are open to positivity it can be somewhat enjoyable. 

I’m not done high school, or PLP, myself but I can say for certain I have learnt a few things since grade 8, which felt like a long time ago. You can take my advice with a grain of salt but if I were you I would be taking notes. Anyways…

The first thing I would like to shed light on is the lack of clarification as to how to adapt from elementary school to grade 8. It can be a little disorienting academically, so really the best you can do is be open-minded. This especially applies to PLP 8 students, because I know I was lost for the first few weeks. Regardless, I would say it’s not good to punish yourself for not understanding something. Though you may not get it now, the possibility of understanding is always available in the future. 

Adding to this idea of possibility, the possibility of school not taking up the majority of your life is always on the table. I mean, academics aside there is still a ton of time outside of school hours to do… whatever. There is an infinite amount of things that can be accomplished in this time and I suggest finding not a hobby, but a pursuit. I know they have practically the same meaning but pursuit sounds more dignified and driven. This pursuit can be anything. Some examples include:

– Studying to get your motorcycle license

– Practicing to become a decent skateboarder 

– Writing / making music + compiling a mixtape as a musician

– ( Bonus ) Steal Stop signs + road signs with the goal of decorating your room only with things you have ‘acquired’. Im serious. Most people nowadays are not accountable of things worth quite a lot of money… it s their fault;… they desreve it…

I picked these things specifically because they’re things I would do as pursuits, but honestly the possibilities are endless. 

Maybe, hopefully, the last idea I will imprint on you is the idea that not everyhting is as bleak as it looks.. today might be gray ( figuratively speaking ) but there is always a brighter tomorrow ( figuratively speaking ). It could be an overcast day and everything can be miserable but as long as you keep your head high and recognize you are unique and individual and capable of most anything, I promise life won’t be so bad. I suppose that’s maybe too introspective for a PLP assignment but wouldn’t the world be such a better place if everyone was reminded of their self-worth? 

If you understood any of this, that’s great. If you didn’t, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised. But even if nothing here clicks with you, just remember what I said earlier. You can always come back and maybe understand it later, so hold onto this. Or maybe this is all nonsense and it’ll still be nonsense in however many years from now. As you’ll soon find out, It’s all up to you.