What Does Canada Mean to Me?

For the past few days we have been working on a thirty second video that represents what Canada means to us, we can incorporate anything from a video to a collage of pictures. Once you have completed the video you hand it in to a website called My Canada, the best one out of all of them wins the competition and a 3,000 dollar gift card! To help us out, a few people that took part of the competition helped us film our reasons of what Canada means to us. Since you could hand in three submissions my first one that I filmed with them was about how Canada kept me safe, the second one was about how Canada was how I made memories, here’s my first draft of it:

My first draft I decided to take different shots of around my house like the trees, this would be overtop of my audio. I used a microphone that the teacher gave me to make sure the audio was very clear, because thats something that they are looking for in the competition, and recorded everything in iMovie. The next day we got the chance to get pier critique from our table group, they filled out this sheet to help us out:

I completely agreed with the critique I got, she essentially said that I needed relevant videos for the points I was making, this would enhance the thesis of my video. So I decided to get some pictures of each of my points like landscapes of Canada, and the Canadian flag. I added those overtop of my audio in iMovie, and I used the ken burns effect for the last picture (Canadian flag) here’s the final draft that I’ll submit to the contest:

Overall I thought that there was a big improvement between the drafts, and I hope I win the contest!