Frankenstuffie Creative Writing

My story is about the Fonkey. The Fonkey is a mangled mix of animals containing a donkey, a fish, a giraffe and a monkey, all mutated together by a nuclear explosion. I came up with the idea for the setting of the story by looking at my stuffy and the different animals that it’s made of, then deciding on a place where they could all co-exist and it still make sense. I decided on the giraffe and donkey being the main animals because they are the most interesting in my opinion and I could write about them and create a story about them. I came with the idea of the tsunami because from the beginning of the project I wanted the animals to collide in water so I decided on two tsunamis slamming into each other. I needed a way that the animals would be merged and decided on radiation so I implemented a way that a bomb would be introduced to the story.

One day in Japan a man named Yakimoto was working on his farm. Across the country his brother Takimoto worked in the local nuclear plant. Yakimoto owned a very small farm in the south. His farm included grain, donkeys, and grapes. Takimoto’s nuclear plant has been testing on animals for the past couple of months, and they had been making great progress in the direction of animal hybrids.
Back at Yakimoto’s farm he had a small house with only a radio. As Yakimoto was siting on his couch and listening to the radio, all of a sudden a broadcaster cut in, announcing “A TSUNAMI IS APPROACHING, GET AS FAR INLAND AS POSSIBLE, GET AS HIGH UP THE MOUNTAINS AS POSSIBLE, NOW NOW NOW”. Yakimoto just sat there in shock, he never thought he’d live long enough to be in a tsunami and now that it was happening, the only thought racing through his head was, “I have to protect my donkeys”. Across Japan the same thought was going through his brother, Takimoto’s head, but with a different animal in mind. It was the giraffe he’d taken a liking to through the months of testing. This giraffe was the only animal in the whole complex that had not been tested on yet and Takimoto was determined on taking it with him high up above sea level. As Yakimoto was making a mad dash for his car with his favourite donkey on a leash, he heard the crash of trees splitting as they were forced against the floor under the weight of the giant tsunami. It was too late, he had taken too long getting his donkey on a leash the tsunami had reached him.
Across the island Takimoto was running full tilt towards the animal enclosures when he heard the creaking of metal all around him, he pushed the doors to the giraffe room open and saw the giraffe. He grabbed the giraffe by the skin and vaulted his way onto its back, as Takimoto had always been good at riding horses he reckoned he could ride a giraffe. Takimoto and the giraffe ran towards the exit and emerged above ground. All seemed normal except for the fact that the complex was empty. Takimoto then heard the sound of water rushing towards him form the North, and Takimoto was swept away by a sudden gush of water from his side and sucked inland.
Yakimoto was still holding onto his donkey when he surfaced the water, riding the tsunami was like being in a washing machine going down a river at once. Takimoto had been traveling like this for 20 or so minutes now and he was getting extremely beat up form hitting houses that sped past. He was at the front of the wave so he could see where he was heading. As he sped down a street, he saw a giant wave was coming at him from down the street. He realized that the wave was actually the tsunami but coming from the other side of the island, and as he hurtled towards the park he braced for impact as the two waves met with a ear shattering slap of water. It was as if Takimoto was seeing in slow motion, the two waves smacked each other in the middle of a park. As the water swirled together, he saw the weirdest sight ever, his brother and a donkey fly by him, a monkey still clinging to a branch, his favourite giraffe float by, and a 300 pound tuna flop by. Under him, rolling along, was the nuclear core from his nuclear plant. Takimoto looked and saw in horror as the nuclear core slammed into a metal wall underneath him. As it made impact, the metal casing the core was in crumpled under the force of the water. He saw the explosion from front row seats, the core exploded with green light and Takimoto blacked out.
When Yakimoto awoke, all he could remember was a tsunami, his donkey, his brother still in lab coat and a green explosion then the rest was gone. As he came to his senses, he looked around and he spotted his brother coughing in a mud puddle a few meters away from him. Takimoto ran over to him and tackled him in happiness, somehow they had both survived the tsunami! As Takimoto helped his bother to his feet, he saw the most mangled heap of animals possible. It was his favourite donkey but with the head of a tuna, and the tail of a monkey, and on it’s body where nothing should have been, was a giraffe leg that just hung from the side. The strangest thing of all was that the whole thing seemed to have tripled in size so that it was the size of a bus. As the Moto brothers both gazed at the abomination they were too late to realize