SLC, You and me, We’re a big happy family.

SLC 2017, I would be lying if I said I am really looking forward to this. A SLC is a ‘student led conference’ that I get to have with my teachers and mom. I explain about things that I am proud of and things that I am not, things that made me grow and things that made me learn.

PART 1 ) To start it off, Work that I am most proud of The work that I am most proud of this year so far is my groups immersive experience detailing about life in the trenches.

TRENCH POST LINK

PART 2 ) Work that shows my learning. I have chose then contrast between one of my poor gr10 blog posts and strong blog post I made this year to illustrate my growth as a learner.

white

CAUSE OF WORLD WAR 1 POST

white

The Loraine motel blog post I created is not a great example of my work but it does show the contrast of what I now understand as acceptable final products.

LORRAINE MOTEL POST

PART 3 ) Work that shows my growth mindset. The MacBeth in WWII project that is still going on has opened my mind and taught me a lot. Effectively illustrating my growth mindset.

MACBETH IN WWII POST

The MacBeth in WWII project is an ongoing train wreck of a project that quite frankly I am enjoying. It is difficult project because of the challenging task and because the entire class is in one group. This 30 person extravaganza is a new experience and has taught me lots.

Part 4 ) Goals

Goal 1) stay at a 96 average. I know this will be very hard as I continue to accumulate marks lower than 96 but it really matters to me as I’m obsessed with numbers that prove my worth. I will achieve this by keeping my head up, studying a lot, praying when it comes to physics and staying dedicated.

Goal2) Complete french online. I am so lazy and useless when it comes to getting work done online but I know I need to get it done. I have 240 days to do 231 assignments.

white

Goal 3) Become more focused at home. I am so easily distracted and am so off task at home its brutal. I know ill have a project due tomorrow and will start my work at 7pm. As I write this at 10 day before my slc. This is detrimental to my marks and sleep schedule and i realize that i need to fix it.

white

Thank You for not falling asleep, time for questions.

white

“CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE DONE!”