Mpol 2022

Welcome to my first ever mPOL! 

mid-Presentation Of Learning

Instead of focusing on a project, this post will be about all the learning that I’ve accomplished throughout the year with all the fails and successes to go along with it.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner. 

By the end of this presentation, I will have answered the two driving questions for this reflections:

How have I demonstrated growth as a learner so far this year?

How can I sharpen my Learning Plan to ensure I will reach my learning targets by the end of this school year?

———————————————————————————————————————————————

The main goal I wanted to focus on this year in humanities was making my writing more engaging, thoughtful and well flowing. In this regard, I feel like I have already made some big improvements. I improved in this manner a lot with the project Working with words which was basically just a gauntlet in creative thoughtful writing. I also improved in this regard with the project People and the Environment, as this project was all about making very strong arguments.

Scimatics is one of my stronger subjects, and I’m quite proud of how my projects have turned out. I’ve managed to pick subjects that challenged me but without going completely overboard to just  create excess stress.

[metagallery id=658]

Time Management and Procrastination:

Time management has been okay throughout most of the school year. Definitely better then last year, but could still be improved significantly. My weakest time management project was Working with words. Writing so many poems was a real challenge to complete in such a short time. Time management is one of those things that you can always improve on and at least I’m making small improvements every year.

Things and Schedules

This year I’ve made slight progress in more effectively using these tools. I’ve started creating projects, and breaking tasks up into smaller bite size pieces. The next step might be to create schedules so I don’t go off track as easily.

Quick Rough Drafts

One of the systems that I thought would help me this year was quicker rough drafts. I didn’t managed to make that much improvement towards this goal which could be related to my fear of revisions. However I feel that I did accomplish this to some extent while writing my poems. Writing down lines that I didn’t feel confident in, but then later came back to revise them worked on multiple occasions. 

Revision

As always I revised constantly throughout each project. Projects including Exponent Laws, people and the environment, and revolutions on trial, all had many revisions to make them as good as possible. 

• Letter Draft 1

The projects that I wish that I revised more on was Working with Words. Although there were some small revisions here and there, I would have still liked to revise some of the poems a bit more.

[metagallery id=662]

Teamwork and Responsibility 

I feel like one of the failures this year has been teamwork, especially in the projects Revolutions on Trial and Exponent games. Although I did contribute to every aspect of the project (Sometimes too much) I still felt that I could’ve done more to be a supportive PLP Learner, and I hope to continue practicing this during DI.

Core Competency Profiles

These are the competencies that I’m striving to achieve this year. I feel like all of my core competency profiles are a good challenge, have room for growth, but are still achievable within the school year.

Thank you for attending my first ever mPOL. This was how I think my learning has gone for the first semester and I’m excited to continue into the future semesters to come

See you next time,

Nolan