Paul Allen Project

On November 30, our PLP class went to Seattle Washington USA on a field trip to visit different places that were related to people who had crazy ideas. Then we made a movie about one of those people. My group researched and did a movie about Paul Allen. We visited the EMP and Microsoft. These were dramatically impacted by Paul Allen because Paul was a cofounder of Microsoft.

Paul was such an iconic figure because he was the business partner of the richest man in the world, Bill Gates, and they had big ideas.  Everyone thought they were idiots because they had the crazy idea to create a computer that you could have in your own home. This was such a crazy idea because years ago, a computer filled a big room and you would book time to work with it.  It would be like saying today everyone could have their own spaceship. But they proved everyone wrong and because of that Paul is  one of the richest men in the world. This allows him to buy what he wants to fulfil his childhood dreams. For example he owns the Seattle Seahawks as well as the Portland Trailblazers.

I really enjoyed this field study trip and improved my editing skills for the video.  One of my favourite parts of the video was when I figured out how to line up the beats of the music to the action of the drone footage of the Seattle space needle.  I think we made an informative and entertaining video. Please feel free to watch it and learn more about why we think Paul Allen was so crazy.