TPOL 2020

Welcome to my 2020 TPOL! It’s been quite the year, a lot has happened both in school and in the world. From COVID-19 to a good old PLP Field School Trip, 2020 has been nothing if not eventful. Welcome to my 2020 School Year’s very…

Triple Shot of Self Improvement

This school year has gone in 100 different unexpected directions. One thing that has stayed solid throughout however, has been our work with Atomic Habits by James Clear.  You can read more about my previous work with the book by checking out the posts below: …

Quiet Thoughtfulness

Earlier in the school year we were assigned to read a book called Atomic Habits by James Clear. The book held strong systems and ways to better yourself and your habits. I really enjoyed it. Recently we have taken a dive back into the works…

Paper Stars

The story behind American music is as such: a white man stumbles upon a black man -a slave- working with a horse. This man was singing a wordless tune never heard before by this man. At the time, most music was coming in from Europe….

TWIL 3: The Act Of Socializing

Socializing is fun. Sometimes… I guess… if you’re extroverted and whatever. I think I would have enjoyed ballroom dancing way more than the dinner parties we have now days but I also hate dresses so I guess I’m good in the current age. Social gatherings…

TWIL 2: You Should See Me In A Crown

There has been a million different people in power in a million different positions of power over a million years. They have all taught a million different things to the world: Check your food for poison Don’t kill people Take responsibility If you can’t divorce…

MPOL 2020

—September 2019— The Atomic Bomb: In the 1940’s the first atomic bomb was introduced to the world via bombings in the second world war in Nagasaki and Hiroshima. We learnt all about it in the project known to us as “The Manhattan Project^2”. In this…

TWIL 1: Post Battle Post War

WARNING: The following post includes spoilers for the Elizabethan Era classic Macbeth by William Shakespeare In the mid 1940’s, the second world war came to an end. The outcome was both and immensely sad.  In Shakespeares tragedy Macbeth the main events follow a battle against…

Atomic Habits

People always tell me “good things come in small packages”. They tell me this because I’m short. They use it as a way to make me feel better. It doesn’t. However that does not mean it’s not true.  In Atomic Habits by James Clear , the…

Pirouette On Mars

In September 1945 WWII ended, and the world returned to their –recently more advanced– everyday life.  The world changed in small ways that made big impacts. Woman were removed from the workforce to make room for men, many babies were born, people settled down, the…