From the first shot to the last, creating a thriller short film was an exiting rollercoaster ride of suspense and creativity. To start off the project we got into groups of three and immediately started brainstorming ideas and making our story board. Once we had the script for the film, we were able to start filming! Once we filmed everything, we began to edit. We soon realized that we had done it all  because it didn’t look smooth and the lighting wasn’t the same through out.  This was a little bit hard for me because I felt like we put so much effort into something that wasn’t even going to be apart of the final result. We didn’t have much of a choice so the next day, we figured out a day that would work for us, and then we got right back to filming. This time, we learned from our mistakes and added our clips into CapCut. Then we picked sound and effects.

Here is the final result:

Making a one-minute thriller film is awesome because it’s a thrilling and intense way to tell a story in a short amount of time. It challenged us to come up with ideas as a group. We also had to come up with an engaging plot that will keep the viewers on the edge of their seats. Plus, it was also a great opportunity to showcase our storytelling skills and experiment with different techniques. My favourite part of this project was how much freedom we had whole creation our plot. Overall, this was a really fun project and I would love to do something similar to this in the future.