Hello, welcome back to another blog. In this post I will be talking about my most recent project in humanity’s called “In the name of Nationalism.” In this project I focus on mainly American Nationalism from the 1800’s to 1914, prior to World War 1. I didn’t know anything about this topic at all so it was all quite new to me and it was hard to wrap my head around the initial concept of Nationalism,I got more familiar and did some research from various sources I started to understand it better. 

1) This leads to the first keystone, how to find or search for reliable sources. We had to write one simple paragraph about snails and slugs. During this exercise we learned how to link sources and how to do it correctly.

2) Next, once we found out our groups and the specific region or country we were researching we began coming up with questions of our own that would be answered in the video that this was leading up to. All the questions had to begin with; Who, What When, Where, Why, How. These are my questions:  

Who: Who where the key players who initially started started American nationalism? 

What: What were the short and long term consequences of American nationalism?

When: When did the ideas of American nationalism start to spark?

Where: Where did American nationalism take place? 

Why: Why do people feel so strongly and proud about nationalism?

How: How do you think American nationalism effected different groups of people living within its borders.

3) Then we began our researching. We also watched some other people’s YouTube videos on Nationalism to get inspiration. After watching people’s videos and looking at the pros and cons so we know what works and what doesn’t so we don’t make the same mistake as them, we where ready to start writing our own script. I found this quite easy because I pretty much just put my research into my own words and added some tweaks. 

4) Finally, I started finding media to go with my dialogue to make it more engaging and interesting to watch for the audience. Something that I learn is really important to add is a good hook at the beginning of your video. This will ensure that your audience will keep watching the video and not just scroll through it onto the next one. Then I got started on filming and then all that was left to do was edit, do some peer critique and upload to YouTube. Here is my finished video:

In Conclusion, I really enjoyed this project and I learned a lot about Nationalism and specifically  American nationalism. I can now say that I have demonstrated a complete understanding for the cause and consequence relationship, as well as immediate/underlying causes and Immediate long-term consequences and communicated a complete story and incorporated engaging visuals that compliment the script well.

Thank you!