November 17

The Medium is the Message project post

In class, we recently finished our project on how the medium is the message. For this project we had a driving question, it was “how does what we hear, read, and see influence us?”. Throughout milestones 1-6 it was around milestone 3 when I got my answer, what we watch on TV and YouTube, what we Google, what we say, what we buy online influences us because our phones and TV’s hear us and know what we search, buy, and watch so it will show ads for products that we will most likely buy.

It all started with milestone 1, where we watching a really long ad on Apple’s HomePod mini called Welcome Home. After watching this ad, we had to write a paragraph on who the target audience and how it reached them. Now this seems like it was easy, I had some trouble with this. I was not very good at finding the target audience for ads but I was able to figure it out.

Then we went on to milestone 2 and 3. These were my personal favourite milestones. We chose a historical ad (it had to be a different one for each milestone) and find the target audience. After milestone 1 I had a better idea on how to do that plus I got to choose the ad. I had lots of fun with these milestones because I got to write about an ad with a kid holding a gun.

Then of course we did milestones 4 through 5 but milestone 6 was the big one. It was our final ad for the local Deep Cove business we chose and in my group it was hectic. We were unorganized and all over the place. Because we we unorganized we had about 10 minutes to make this ad so it didn’t turn out to well but at least we got it done!

This project was, well… “fun” I guess. Well it is now time for me to go and the Metallurg hockey team is messaging me on Instagram so I better go answer! Goodbye until next time.

Final ad ⬆️

Posted November 17, 2020 by beny in category Summative

1 thoughts on “The Medium is the Message project post

1. emaxwell

The art of time management! Important lessons learned here Ben – but overall your reflection on the Milestones and the final ad you created is good! We are influenced by what we see! I’m glad you start your post this way.

Reply