It’s final over

It has been a long year, it really has been. I have forgotten if the Handford trip was this year or the last. Having to deal with a year of school with a new and harder course on top of work and trying to maintain a personal and social life with some bumps on the road its been hard but it seems to be starting to come to an end. With this last year, I believe it has presented me with strategies for the next.

I felt where I struggled the most this year was during the making writing unit as it had a focus on one of my disadvantages. During this unit, I attempted to keep an open mind about was getting taught, but to be honest, it was a hard unit for me. Not just because of the assignments but also the content was sometimes hard to hear as I have a hard time believing that I will ever be able to complete the task at hand in a way that I could be proud of. Even with all of this, I believe it’s something that I want to highlight because it made me start to think of how I write stuff slightly differently. I’ve been trying to look at it as more of an art with a balanced composition of stories metaphors, and imagery when orchestrated together well to convey a strong message with a prepose. For this unit, I don’t have a perfect representation of how I have improved, but I want to highlight my narrative essay. As it was something that I have attempted to always avoid if possible because when I write, try to it in a way that it embodies its purpose in the quickest way possible. So when I did this essay, I didn’t expect my self to give in to the style I rather expected myself to just attempt to use what I know and riddle in small ideas of the narrative style. So even tho it’s not any great piece of writing in any shape or form I’m happy with how that unit ended up.

I’ve always enjoyed running it has always been a part of my life. When I talk about running to people they rarely understand why I would want to make my self suffer in anguish. So when I tell people that I want to spend my summer break running and doing races like the spartan and the tough mudder, you can imagine dismay on there face. So you may be questioning what makes me want to do this. It’s something that is hard to explain because there is no one answer that encompasses it all. To allow to understand a bit more I’m going to go through the stages that i a many other runners experience during a of the typical run. You start with determination, your well rested and are excited to go for a run. Your ablaze as you power your way up the first hill you smile as you fly through the forest and see the sun cutting through the towering trees surrounding you. You keep going strong as your mind is cut lose making its way in to every crevice of your mind allowing you to see the best in problems that you have been ignoring. You find solution to this that you have been fighting for months. You’re starting to fall, from every direction you are being told to stop. You hear a sound howling from under you to turn around. As the consistent patter of your feet slamming the ground slows, but you recognize this feeling you have been hear before and you know that there is a bright vibrant light at the end of the inky black tunnel. You grit your teeth a take one step then another, one more after that and they slowly gain a pattern that you familiar with. The sun brightens as it smiles down at you. You question if you where blind as the colours become full of life in a way that you have never seen before. Your in a daze as you see the picture like world that surrounded you. You keep running as you cherish this feeling. You are able to keep going experiencing this feel but it slowly fades as the voice returns telling you to stop. You want to turn but you have come this far and you have a goal to achieve. You have made it to the bottom of the mountain. You see the people aside you turn around. You swear to the devil with oath as he place a face of an angel on his crooked face. He removes the face as he snatches you up and places you in a hell. Your eyes are draw toward the light on the top of the hill you question if you should just sit down and take a seat and except defeat but you look back up and keep you feet moving. As you start to see the world beyond the light it’s move. You make it to the gate and take a step though and collapse to the ground. Your panting and you legs are pulsing in pain, but yet you find a way to smile as you've have done what set out to do. So why? I’ve expand to you the expect, so would the light be worth the pain to you.

Now that though me something but that wasn’t that good of work. There is not much work that I have believed was good work this year, but my last two assignment I’ve been pretty happy with because I was able to build an object for that means that I can do something that I’m comfortable in and create work that I’m satisfied with. These assignments are the PGP Time Machine and the Idea > Art Art Piece. I believe they are some of the most presentable work and that’s why I I’m proud of them and why I want to highlight them. I believe they both answered the question that where at hand well being presented in a interesting way. This is something that I want to try and translate  in to the next year.

The last thing that I believe I learned this year that I want to get move in to the next is all of the PGP habits. I have been unable to comfortably fit all of them in to my life yet but my goal is to attempt to practice them a long side summer school. So that I have the time to make a proper habit of them through practice to apply them then trying to merge them from the summer to the school year.

I believe with all of these thing I will have a comfortable transition in to the grade 12 year.

Written by:

Be First to Comment