It’s The End Of The World As We Know It Project!

Have you ever wondered how many steps are in a project? How many assignments you have to get done to reach the end? I sure have. For Humanities we had to do our first project with lots of projects  along the way. At the end of the project, we had to answer the driving question, how can a text help me understand how my worldview is changing. You can see my answer to this if you continue reading. 

Reading The Outsiders:

S.E Hinton wrote The Outsiders when she was in hight school. It was such an amazing book to read with lots of action. We had to take notes along the way so were prepared if we have any assignments we have time do on it. While we were reading the book, we had to answer something called “Role Sheets”. Role sheets are just sheets that you answer. Sometimes you have to draw something that you could relate to, or you might just be writing a whole bunch of words. Yes, words. Sometimes the questions for me were hard to answer and took a lot of thought. Most of the time it wasn’t fun. Anyways, you get put in these groups, where you’ll share your role sheet with. The groups normally have 2-3 other people and you will do a different sheet every week but there are only 3 in total.

Music Video:

Making The Lyrics.

Up above you read about how we had groups that we discussed our role sheets with. Well surprise surprise, I was with the same group this entire project. Yup, a lot of time with the same people. They were great to work with and kept me on task lots of the time. We got lots of work done as a group. Anyways, back to about the lyrics. Everyone in the group had to write lyrics for the same song, Its The End Of The World As We Know It by R.E.M. My group and I decided that my lyrics went smoother with the original song and just were the best in general. My group members had to change a couple of words because apparently they didn’t make sense.

Singing The Song.

It probably took us 5 times to sing the song as goos as we could do it before getting it right. The lyrics were hard to read and sing really fast because if you listen to the song here you can see that it gets a bit faster throughout it. Our voices are all different. My voice was probably the highest (I don’t know if that’s a good thing). Sorry, that doesn’t really have anything to do with this, but I guess you can hear me in it 😁. I think the recording ended out being pretty good. I had a couple of moments but its all good 👍.

Making The Music Video.

We have 2 music videos. One that we could post on YouTube and one that has a whole bunch of pictures of us and our friends that we don’t want all over YouTube. I did lots of the work on the second video but then another member of the group took out all the photos of us for it to be posted on YouTube. Here is the video:

Worldview MindNode.

This a project that we did closer to the start of this all. We wrote this to help us understand our own worldviews. There were 7 sections we had to write about and how they relate to our own worldview. I did this really last minute so it isn’t the best I could’ve done. Here it is:

Thanks:

Thank you for reading to the end of my post! Have an amazing rest of your day🫶.

2 thoughts on “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It Project!

1. Hey!
    I loved the ending of your post it made me smile. I love the emoji’s you added it made the post more fun. The “anyways back to the lyrics” part made me think of something. If you notice your getting side tracked from what your actually writing, write the fun facts at the end. But other than that all of it was amazing! Keep up the good work!!
    -from finnley

2. Hey Carmyn.
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I liked your sense of humour, it made it entertaining. You were very thorough with explaining each assignment. Also, you have a good hook! I would have loved to see more photos, but overall, great post!
    Your friend,
    Madeline (Check out my blog at blog44.ca/madelinej)