Destination Imagination- What?

On March second, 2024, we had our very first Destination Imagination tournament, and not everything went to plan…

So what is Destination Imagination? Destination Imagination, or DI as we like to call it, is a school program where teams are asked to solve a problem or create something according to specific rules and details, and then compete against other teams to win. Points are awarded for aesthetics, creativity and how successful your machine is.

In our Destination Imagination tournament, a lot of things happened, both good and bad. We did great in the Instant challenge, worked great as a team, and just had an overall awesome time! We all did great and helped out the team in our own way.

During our Destination Imagination tournament, many things happened, both expected ad unexpected, and both good and bad. We did really well in the Instant Challenge and I feel that we worked great as a team. We also had an overall awesome time! We all worked hard leading up to the tournament and were proud of how everything turned out. I feel like everyone in our group helped the team in their own way.

Of course, not everything was perfect and we had some issues we should work on. We need to do some more work on our script. We should make it longer, flesh out some details and overall we need to improve it. We also need to be better prepared for our Instant Challenge. We should be more open to everyone’s ideas, and we need to work on our teamwork. I’m proud of winning third place, and even though there were only three teams, it felt good to get an award. 

There were also some things that didn’t go well at all. Our pinball machine, which was the center of the entire project, did not work at all. This could be because we practiced with a smaller and lighter ball, or just because we didn’t trouble shoot enough. We definitely need to fix this very obvious problem before the next part of the tournament.

Overall, I am proud of what we did, even though I know we could have done better, and I look forward to doing better in the next part of the project.