The Medium is the Message

Here, is an eye-catching, well made advertisement. But your probably wondering:

How did I get here?

The driving question:

How does what we hear, read, and see influence us?

The Idea of the project is to learn about advertisement techniques, and historical media, then make an professional advertisement for a local business.

Initial Contact

The business we where assigned was the Local-Lift Click the link to see their website. They are a juice and lunch bar down at the base of Mt Seymour. When we interviewed them for the first time, they told us to include the fact that they renovated, in our ad. So using the information, I created a first draft.

Building knowledge

As well as building an ad, we learned about historical media. This is an activity I did to get a better understanding of the perspective of older times.

Drafts

While making an ad, I made a lot of drafts. Like, A LOT of drafts. Below, is a slide show showing how I started with a husk of an ad, and made it into a MASTERPIECE! This can only be achieved if your group members give you specific critique and then you apply the critique to your next draft.

Speaking of group members, check out there blogs too: Sydney, Owen, Gwenyth, Evangeline, and Magnus!

Wrap up

Now that I’ve completed an advertisement, and learned about historical media, its time to answer the driving question. I think, that media is powerful, and that more people should be made aware of how powerful it is. Like, you cant go anywhere without seeing an ad! Well, looks like we’ve reached the end of this post. Come back anytime!