Winter exhibition

2023 winter exhibition

A winter exhibition is pretty much what it sounds like. For our first ever exhibition, it went pretty good. We made a triptych, a triptych is a piece of art that is made from 3 pictures or paintings. We had to make a triptych from scratch, it was harder than it sounds because we are in the triptych. This means we are the ones acting out the triptych. You might be thinking, “What! That makes no sense!” But, I will explain it better later on. We only had a few weeks to make triptych. This is how me and my group made ours.

Preparation.      

This was a really big part of our triptych journey because of what and how we are going to to make it. First, we had to do research on what a triptych was and saw pictures of others people’s triptychs. This took a long time. Then we got put in our groups. My group had six people. We had to include some of our pictures that we made. Here’s mine 

Some people took charge and where the group leaders, while others worked on the things they knew what to do. We all helped on the project. It was very stress full because some people didn’t have parts of their costume. But luckily other people in the group did have the parts. 

In the making.

This step probably took the longest time because we had to make all of the props we had. We had to make buildings and more stuff for our triptych. For our three sections of our triptych we had to do medieval, Renaissance, and modern. For our medieval picture we did a kind with a noble next to him with two knights fighting all posing for the painter. In the Renaissance time we did the printing press and people holding signs fighting for women’s and black rights. Last but not least our modern piece. We did a person taking a picture of a girl (me) walking with a shopping bag on the phone. Then the others where on a laptop and a president with their fans. For Medieval we had to make a hat for the Nobel. We also had to make armour for the nights. I (the king) stood on a chair looking at a map that we made as well. The painter had a canvas and brushes. This was our plan:   

Medieval    Modern  Renaissance                           

Rehearsals.          

We had to practice our triptych to perfect it. This didn’t take that long because we knew what we were doing and it wasn’t that hard the thing that we had to practice the most was probably the costume changing. This was a big part of our triptych because we had to preform it many times. My group was really Cooperative. We had to layer on all our costumes together. We had to be really quick to change because we only had 20-30 seconds to change because speaker was talking. We practised it many times but we never went through it more than once. We would go through it all ones from medieval to modern but never back to medieval. I think we should have done that many times to get use to the feeling of changing really fast. I think I bonded with the people in my group because we didn’t argue or be mean to each other. I definitely  think we all got to know each other more.

The big day.

I think this was the most stress full day because we didn’t know what was happening and we where all scared. The worst part was probably one of our teammates got sick and went home so we where missing one so we had to make a plan to do it without them. When we where setting up it was a little bit hectic. But the then dinner arrived and we went down to the cafeteria. The food was not great but at least we got food. Then when we came back it was already 5:30 so people where coming in. We preformed around 15 times. When it was time for everyone to leave we cleaned up but I had to go early because I was going on a plane at 8:30 the next morning. 

To answer the driving question 

What I learned from this was that if you have a plan you can’t always stick to it. So you have to be prepared for anything. Also, you have to acknowledge other people’s opinions and feelings. If you have a plan you also have to listen to others opinions to make our plan better. In conclusion I think I have learned a lot from this experience and I will use the knowledge for the rest of my life. I also think that this was a really great learning opportunity and experience for me and my group.