The Advertisement Project

The advertising project. We (my classmates and I) were put into groups of four. My partners were Nik, Fraser and Kiera .We then worked on expanding our knowledge of advertising techniques and types of advertisements by analyzing ads. The goal of the first leg of the project was to create an advertisement for a local business. We first had to contact the business (Beautiful Eyes Optometry), ask permission to interview them and then set up a meeting time. We repeated the same process with the Oregon Business (Marine Discovery Tours). A practice run, if you will, before we created our ad for the Final round, the Oregon business.

Beautiful Eyes Optometry (our local buisness) ad drafts and final.

This was my first draft of the advertisement for the Beautiful Eyes Optometry Clinic. I changed the photo, because I was told not to use a picture that was copyrighted.

This was my second draft of the advertisement for the local business (optometry clinic).

This was my final draft for the optometry clinic. As you can see, I changed the colour scheme and the font. I also changed the background of the logo, removing the boxing.

The Marine Discovery Tours (Oregon business) ad drafts and final.

This was my first ad draft. It was created before we even interviewed the buisness.

My second draft. It was created after interviewing the buisness in question.

Third ad draft. I decided to change the and brighten up the picture, to make it look more appealing.

My fourth ad draft. I was told that it might be a good idea to feature an animal we saw on the cruise, such as this tiny squid

Draft 5. I changed the background

My final ad draft.

A key part of this project was collaborating with teammates. When we completed our ads, we would send it to each other before even getting critique from our teachers. I think the critique/reviewing was definitely a process that really helped improve our ads. Using critique, we were able to isolate the problems in our ad drafts,with more ease then if we had been working individually without a reviewing process. Part of the project was editing. We would edit our pictures to either make them more appealing or more suitable to the business we were advertising. A few notable apps I used for editing were:

Canva

FaceTune 2

We would also edit the placement of the word on our ads and if they were slightly to the left, slightly to the right, etc. I believe that next time it would me critical for me to use more apps such as Pages or Phonto. I think it would help me make my ads appear more professional and polished.