Act 3 Scene 1, First Take

A couple of weeks ago we started to read Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare. We all thought that we wouldn’t like, and at the being it was true. But by the end it turned out to not be that bad. We started of just reading it in class, then we went on to worksheets and then finally a performance where we rewrote a part of the play then acted it out in groups. Our group decided to reenact act 3 scene 1 where Brutus stabs Caesar. We had to modernize it so my group chose to set it in a spy environment. In my group it was Mimi, Kate, Adam, Aiden and Ryan L. We worked pretty good together though there were a couple things that we got sidetracked on for instance a scarf I brought as a prop was called East-Van and we didn’t seem to get over that. Other then the scarf we did bring other props also such as sunglasses that we changed every time a person changed character because we didn’t have enough people to play just one character. Also we used fake knives to stab Caesar (Adam) when he dies. Over all it was pretty fun and interesting and I did learn at lot about Caesar.

Now here is the script comparison:

A bit of our script

A bit of our script

A bit of the original script

A bit of the original script

I think that we did a good job changing it over and performed it well now, here is us actually performing it. The first time it was pretty horrible but by the second we were masters at it.

So that was it thanks for watching and Bye For Now!