If you’ve been following my blog for at least the last post, you’d know that we’ve been focusing on politics in our new PLP 10 project. This time, our goal was to create our own political party. So Josh, Nya, Erin, and I teamed up to create the Bright Party. Throughout this post I’ll be arguing what makes our party unique, why you should vote for our party, and how it relates to my previous post.

Before I talk about any of that, who is the Bright Party? 

Mission Statement

Well, our mission statement is “We will redirect our nation into a brighter, more sustainable and equal future for generations to come.”

Values

Our values reflect our mission, stating that we will strive for transparency, honesty, and accountability in the government. 

Goals

Our main goals in office are to achieve equal rights and pay, put more funding into healthcare, focus our main efforts and money on environmental issues, and make sure all First Nations have easier access to resources.

Priorities

Our priorities our planet action, funding to healthcare, indigenous rights and reconciliation, access to resources country wide, equal rights, equal pay, affordable housing, safe vaccination and regulations, higher taxes for the ultra rich, and consoling student debt.

Now that you have a better idea of who we are, what makes us different from all the other parties?

Our party is unique through our combination of all the other parties ideas, and it that way, it makes us one ultimate party yet different at the same time. Just like the NDP, we are advocating for indigenous rights and access to resources. Just like the Green Party we support great climate action and electoral reform. Just like the Liberals, we are looking to expand our healthcare system to finish the fight against COVID-19. Just like the PPC we strive for more transparency in the government. Just like the Conservatives, we are willing to promote Human Rights.

So why should you vote for us?

You should vote for us because we will make Canada an increasingly equal and fair country with  opportunities for everyone. Everyone will have access to basic resources. Everyone will be able to buy a house for a fair price. Everyone will have equal rights and pay. Everyone will have opportunities to succeed in this country. Finally, everyone, and everyone’s kids, and their kids will be able to live in our beautiful country for years to come. So if you are everyone, vote for the Bright Party.

Now how does this relate to my last post?

In my last post, I argued mainly about electoral reform, and how it’s a change that needs to be implemented into Canada’s election system. The Bright Party actively supports this change and helps me argue my point across in my previous post. During the writing of my previous post, it also helped me gain knowledge of our government structure. Which shaped my political view as it is today, affecting the Bright Party as we know it.

Vote Bright Party today.