Celebrations and festivals

During the holidays my family has and takes part in some common traditions as well as some cultural and personal family traditions.
My family’s celebrating begins every year with a long running tradition, we host a fundraiser for my old school we call the O Xmas tree jamboree. My family loves getting the community together and giving back to kick off our holiday.
A few days later usually is Christmas and my family and I do what most people do who celebrate Christmas we decorate our home put up a Christmas tree and give and receive gifts on Christmas morning.

Every year a few days after Christmas we go Sun peaks  where we have a condo to spend the rest of Christmas break, during that time we celebrate my moms birthday with our family friends and enjoy the snowy weather. For New Years my family and our friends get together and have dinner and stay up listening to music and dancing until midnight. On the seventh of January my family celebrates Ukrainian Christmas, where we dance listen to traditional music and eat a lot of perogies, kubasa and cabbage rolls and later on open gifts. These are my family’s holiday traditions, what I really want to know is what are yours?
Leave a comment about your family’s traditions and what you celebrate during the holidays.
Thanks for reading, Kaia

2 comments on “Celebrations and festivalsAdd yours →