This project was like a fun and busy adventure that lasted for only 3 weeks. We had to do many different things like talking to someone to learn more, fixing any mistakes we made in our writing, and writing a report about a book. But the most important thing we learned was not just about being good at work, but about figuring out who we want to be as a person.

Unbroken is a very good book written by Laura Greenland. I watched the movie a while ago but wanted to learn more about the story about Louis Zamperini. He was a truly heartfelt story that I enjoyed reading. I made some summary notes on every chapter as well as some themes and quotes on the book.

Unbroken Reflections

Unbroken Book Notes

It was nice to do a book report without worrying to talk about it but to write about it instead.

I chose to interview Wade Simmons. He is a very famous mountain biker who lives on the North Shore. He was inducted into the Mountain Bike hall of fame and is nicknamed The Godfather. He pretty much invented free ride which is just going to massive drops and doing big tricks. 

Here is my interview questions and some snippets of the interview. 

Wade Simmons Interview Questions

Wade Simmons Interview

I really enjoyed this interview and learned a lot.

Well, imagine that you are playing a game where you have to decide how you want to be when you grow up. You have to think about the kind of person you want to be and what makes you happy.

For example, I want to be a person who is fun, kind, and knows when to think about others and when to think about myself. It’s important to have fun in life and enjoy ourselves, so I want to be able to travel and have adventures when I’m in my early 20’s.

Being kind is also really important. People like to be around kind people, who are nice and treat others with respect. I want to have friends and have good relationships with others, so being kind is a priority.

But sometimes, it’s also okay to think about ourselves and take time for rest. It’s important to be mentally strong and know when it’s okay to say no to plans and take care of ourselves. But it’s also important to know when to think about others and do nice things for them.

So, I learned about who I want to be by thinking about who I am now and what makes me happy. I wrote down my thoughts and ideas to help me figure out what kind of person I want to become in the future.

5 Questions of Who Are You Going To Be

Who am I?

Another one of our keystones was learning how to blog properly. We spent a couple class times learning from other peoples blogs then finding notes from their posts to potentially put into our posts. 

Here is what I wrote to extend my blog.

4 Questions About A Exemplary Blog Post

How To Write A Good Blog Post 

Individual Part 2

In the end, this project helped them understand who they want to be as a person, not just what job they want in the future. They learned a lot about themselves and what makes them happy.