Becoming a PLP Learner Post

This project was to create a video explaining the driving question, Who Am I As a PLP Learner?   

The first assignment in this project was to create I Am statements that we could use for our WordPack.  The I Am statements helped us understand more about ourselves by saying, for instance, I am an artist.  

Our next assignment was an I Am Doodle where we took one of our I Am statements and a selfie of us doing whatever the statement was which we modified by writing our I Am statement on it and doodling things associated with it.  

The third assignment was to create a WordPack with our I Am Statements.  WordPack is an app where you put words in it and it turns it into a shape.  You can customize the colours, shapes, and fonts.   

My fourth assignment was to create a Me-Emoji that looked like me.  We had to use the Me-Emoji that had a MacBook and put it into Keynote.  We used shapes in Keynote to create stickers representing our interests on the back of the MacBook.  In the final piece of the project, we animated the stickers in keynote.

In the next assignment, we created a user manual about ourselves.  We wrote about our strengths and weaknesses like we were technology.  This helped us understand ourselves and our teachers better.  You can read my user manual on my About Me page.

An extra highlighted assignment that I enjoyed doing was the Shoe where we leaned Colour Fill and Draw in Keynote.  This helped me expand my knowledge and skills in Keynote.

The reason I think we did this project is to help our teachers learn more about us and to learn more about ourselves.

In the first instance, teachers need to know more about us so they can provide better learning opportunities for us and to help us explore our passions.

In the second instance, I believe that it is really important to understand you own learning style and learning needs so that you can find approach for researching and documenting your learning.

Learning Technical Skills

I learned a lot of useful skills for this project.  It was really interesting to learn more about Keynote.  We also did some learning in WordPack and we created Me-Emojis.  I found the voice notes and exporting as video a little more difficult to figure out but I really enjoyed creating the stickers by using shapes in Keynote and animating them was lots of fun too.  I had to search apple help to figure out how to do the voice notes and export the video:

https://support.apple.com/lt-lt/guide/keynote-ipad/tana0d19882a/ipados

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/keynote-ipad/tan63d61519a/ipados

Learning About Myself and My Surroundings

For the settings, we took them from our user guides.  It was also very interesting to see our teacher’s user guides which helped us learn more about them.  This was also a great opportunity to talk about how I learn best. As a learner I thrive in a calm and accepting environment. I find it challenging to work in groups, but if it is about a topic that I’m interested in, I can bring a lot of information and help the project go above and beyond.