Earlier last December all of us in PLP hosted an exhibition. Each grade had a different topic:
8’s – marine life 9’s – Harry Potter and 11’s – World War 2.
Each student was placed in a group which would then choose a theme. My group chose the topic of endangered marine life. Each person in the group was tasked with coming up with a question where they would create their own station about that question and an answer to it. My question was, “What little loved creature is threatened with extinction and why should we care?” I chose the barn owl because I feel it is a misunderstood creature. Not many people like it, particularly farmers, as it infests barns and is just a nuisance. I put together a slide show and a poster board.

I then wanted a way to attract people to my station. I came up with a game called “Guess the endangered species”. The goal was to guess each of the animals names and if the answers were all correct, they would win a $5 Starbucks gift card. There were also smaller prizes for answering just a few questions right. We decorated our group’s section so that it would look just like the ocean, but filled with garbage and debris. It was a ton of fun doing all of this and I cant wait for later this year!

One thought on “