My advertisement reflection.

So this is my final ad for my advertising project, but wait I have to tell you how I got here.

At first I had no idea about advertising, none, but that was a long time ago( it feels).

We stared with many possible ideas for ads that we thought would be great for our local business. We thought of many designs, advertising their products and all the different styles that they offered. There were a lot of these drafts, some of which we thought we could put straight into ads. Turns out none of these drafts would ever make it into an ad, but more on that later.  

Then we started learning about all these different techniques and how to appeal to various different types of audiences. It took us a while to learn how to apply these techniques to our own ad examples, but all this would become really important really soon. We were to chose a local business and interview them, later we would create a print ad for them. The interview would change our perspective on ads. 

It turns out that creating this ad would be more difficult then we thought, mostly because our business had a few requirements for their advertising. There was actually a lot we had to change because they did not want us to advertise any specific brands which was kind of hard mostly because they are a clothing business. Although this made it extra challenging, the manager that we spoke with was really nice to us and gave us all the information we needed.

We were having a bit of trouble with these ads until we took a field trip to a advertising business called Pound and Grain. They really helped us find ways to advertise our company while meeting all their requirements. They gave us honest, helpful feedback that we could apply to our work. Looking back I think that Pound and Grain really helped us find a way to create this ad. More than that, I was inspired after our field trip there.

After all this critiquing we were ready to make our fourth and final draft. We used all that feed back, and the information that we got from Pound and Ground, and made our final draft.

Looking far far back this was nothing like we had expected it. There were a lot of unexpected twists and turns that forced us to think out of the box and take risks.  In the end, we were given a challenge and we created multiple ads that met the requirements, and let us use some of our own creativity. 

If I were to to this assignment again, I would ask more questions about the company in the interview. If we had done that this time, it might have let us expand to a greater variety of ads that would have met the company’s requirements.