6th weekly post

welcome to my weekly post number six, and today I want to talk about some about how some fo the professional podcasts are made. I chose this topic because my class and I have just finished up our podcasts, and I thought it would be interesting to see how the professional do it.

Before we start, as mentioned before my class and I have finished our podcasts, this is something I have been talking about for the last four weeks in my posts and I am very excited to be able to share what I made with everyone. If you want to know more check out my other post HERE 

As an extending research for my podcast project I looked into a CBC article that talked a lot about who they want on the five dollar bill for 2021. They had a list of eight possible candidates who have all given so much back to Canada, and although they are all great choices I have one in particular that I think I would choose. I thought about how this person had an impact on Canada and how they relate to Steve Nash, who my podcast is all about.

Binaaswi ( Francis Pegahmagabow ) lived between 1888-1952, he was not only a band chief who fought for the rights of his people, but he was also a WW1 hero. He fought in the Second battle of Ypres in April 1915, the fight where the Germans would use chlorine as for the first time. Along with that he was an ace sniper who claimed around 378 lives with an additional 300 prisoners during his years in service. As time went on he served in the Batte of Somme in 1916 and the Battle of Passchendaele in 1927. Overall I learned that this man cared not only for his people but he also cared for his country and risked his life for us.

Binaaswi can relate to Steve Nash as they both have contributed to their country and have impacted peoples live in the process.

I would choose this man because personally I believe he is a good person who has changed Canada in multiple ways and deserves some acknowledgements for his many achievements and dedication to Canada and Canadian people.

Now on to the professional podcasting. Podcasting over the years has blown up quite a bit allowing for people who are really good at story telling to consider it as a job. Overall there are some things every podcast needs in order to be successful, so here is some of the things I found.

First based on who you are it’s important to decided what type of podcast you want to do. There are many types such as solo podcasts where it is just the host talking, podcasts with interviews, and commonly podcasts with multiple hosts who run the show. There are so many more than this as well, it’s just these are the ones I have found the most common when listening through podcasts.

Some other huge things that draw audiences attention are cover art and title, it is the first part of your podcast that people see, so it should attract their attention at least.

Then onto recording, if you have been following some of my other posts then you know what I think about recording and what the general steps are, well professionally is kinda of like that but a lot harder. According to Blogging.com their are many different types of equipment that are/can be used for podcasts. In addition the host needs to know their topic well and know how to keep a listener engaged throughout the podcasts. This could include interviews from others, or twists in the story.

Of course the last step is mixing which is combining your clips to make them sound very professional. Some of the applications suggested are Audacity which is a podcast in app, Adobe audition, and even garage band. Surprisingly enough I learned this year that there are even more features in Garage Band that help with things like podcasts. I had not idea these existed but I was glad to find out so I can use them in the future.

If you have read any of the other posts I have done on the podcast, then you know how close these steps are to the ones we did in class. Of course our steps did not involve professional mic’s and things like that, but otherwise they are very close.

As you can see semi-professional to professional podcasting is much tougher than what me and my class have done, and such I have learned to respect podcasters even more.

That’s all for now