I Became a Learner in the PLP Program

I Became a Learner in the PLP Program

Who am I as a PLP learner? Have you ever wondered what skills you need to have to be in PLP? Well here is my first project ever in the program and the things I learned that will help me be successful in my PLP journey.

My Assignment

For My first project in PLP, I was assigned with making a Keynote presentation answering the driving question, Who am I as a PLP learner?
Here is my presentation:

In making this presentation I learned many skills that will help me throughout my time in the program. When I first entered PLP in September I was only equipped with an iPad and basic tech skills. After completing this project, I have a such a more thorough understanding of my device and how to use it.

Skills I Learned and How I Can Apply Them On to Future Projects

While working towards answering the driving question, I learned many important abilities that are necessary to complete assignments in the program. 

I learned how to use all of the drawing tools on the iPad, such as colour fill, pencil, marker, crayon, gradient fill, image fill, etc. These are very essential skills that I will use in several projects in the future, such as other presentations, drawings, editing photos, and much more. 

I learned my way around different apps on the iPad, such as Keynote, Wordpack, Pages, Photos, and emoji. This will help me in future presentations, design projects, any writing projects, when I’m editing photo’s and lots more.

I also learned how to animate my drawings and photos, and add transitions on my slides. These skills are very important for future presentations and videos.

What I’m Proud of

During this project I created many things I am very proud of. I am very happy with my Nike shoe, I was giving full creative freedom to colour in a Nike shoe as my dream shoe. My shoe is inspired by the famous ‘Lightning McQueen Croc’. To make this I found a picture of Lightning McQueens number 95 from Safari, I then removed the background using ‘remove background’, and I coloured in this shoe using trace and colour fill. I am proud of this shoe because it looks a lot like the ‘Lightning McQueen Croc’, it has a lot of detail and it is something I would one hundred percent wear. While making this shoe, I learned how important detail is to me, I believe it makes designs and drawings so much more interesting.

I am also very proud of my character settings, I believe they are very well written and take on my moods perfectly. While completing these settings they made me think hard about the four main values that are the most important to me. Read more about me and my settings here.

My First Attempts in Learning (F.A.I.L)

Almost everything in this project I could improve on, because nothing is ever fully perfect, but one thing that stood out to me is the aesthetics of my presentation. I dislike the dark colour palate I chose because it isn’t very eye catching. I also believe it is a bit messy and I could clean it up a bit. If I were to do this project again I would chose a more light and pastel colour theme. I would also type the titles rather than doing it by hand to make it more cleaned up.

What I Learned About Myself

During this project I learned how important aesthetics are to me. I believe that the content of this project is fairly good, but I am not very proud of it because the aesthetics of it aren’t on point. This project also forced me to think more about my values and the things that are most important to me. While writing my character settings I had to brainstorm my four main moods, this helped me learn more about who I am as a person and how I act. Also, when I was adding the stickers on to my MeMoji, it made me think about all of the things I love and cherish.

Who am I as a PLP Learner?

A big part of being a PLP learner is reflection on the work I do, now that I have finished my first maker project I have to reflect on what I have learned and created. I am a self motivated, hardworking, and creative learner, and I always try my hardest to bring something new and different into everything I do. After finishing my first PLP project in maker, I have learned many important skills throughout the process that are necessary to complete assignments within the program. I learned how to use all of the drawing tools, such as colour fill, pencil, marker, crayon, gradient fill, image fill, etc. I learned my way around different apps on the iPad, such as Keynote, Wordpack, Pages, Photos, Emoji, etc.  I also learned how to animate my drawings and photos, and add transitions on my slides. I really value equity, and making a change is very important to me. I also learned how essential good aesthetics are to me. In the last month I have been working on learning the basics that will make me a PLP learner, not only did I learn tech skills on my iPad, but I also learned lots about myself, my values, and who I am.

3 thoughts on “I Became a Learner in the PLP Program

1. Hello there fellow PLP learner. I love your theme and the colour is so radical! I also noticed that on some of your “I” It’s “i” so just giving you a heads up and edit a little bit. Other than that minor inconvenience I love your blog so much. Why did you choose this theme? What made you think about writing the skills are learning how to put them into the future projects?
    That’s really smart and I think thats the first post that I saw that!

2. Hi Tyler! It’s Ella.
    I really love your post! My favourite thing was your Nike shoe. It had so much detail and I love how you based it off of the Lightning McQueen crocs. You did a really good job!
    I love your post!
    -Ella

3. Hi Tyler 😍,
    I loved your blog it was very enlightening and was very informative of your progress I thoroughly enjoyed it and especially loved the lighting McQueen shoes. Keep on writing great blogs.
    Sincerely,
    Evelyn