I’m going to start off by saying that this was my most favourite project that I have ever done and I’m hopping that the next one is even better than the last. The driving question which is “what can we learn from the past, and how does that matter to us today” wasn’t so hard to answer because there are so many of them. To build my understanding of the driving question it took me a while to fully understand it, like for most driving questions I had no idea what it meant at first. But once we started learning about medieval times and the renaissance, I knew exactly what it meant. One example of what can we learn from the past, and how does that matter to us today, is the feudal system. The feudal system was probably one of the worst man made things in history. The basics of it was that you were born into a class and you stayed in it your whole life, which left the servants really poor and the “royals” really rich. There wasn’t really a middle class besides the knights and nobles who weren’t as poor as the peasants or as wealthy as the royal familys. So that is something that we have learned from the past although it is still present but it is different. 

Here are two photos that I made the explain it well, one is of the oldand days and one is of now:

One milestone I had lots of fun doing was the very first one, what we had to do was make a exhibit room on keynote and put a meme that we made in the centre then personalize it how ever we wanted. I really likes doing it because I had no rules of what to put on the walls besides the meme which let my creative side kick in. And a stepping stone that I enjoyed doing was making a argument about the world view aspect that my exhibition group was about because it made me dig deep inside to think of the best things to talk about that I learned earlier in the year. I also loved doing milestone 2 because we could use photoshop to make a collage, here you can see what it looked like along with everyone else’s in my class

And finally I really enjoyed seeing everything that me and my group had done come together in the museum launch, you can check it out here https://www.artsteps.com/view/602bea36a671e632854354a4. Check out the society exhibit😁.

I know my teachers want me to talk about the curricular competencies but I pretty much already have. The first one says “I can construct a meaningful personal connection between myself and the text, I can transform ideas to create texts and I can express an opinion and support it with credible evidence”. I’ve been talking about all that this whole time! For the first one it’s the argument, for the second one it is also the argument and for the third one it is what I was talking about at the very beginning of this blog post. Then there is “I can use technology appropriately and effectively to construct my knowledge” which I was taking about for the milestone 1. And the last one is “how do we make choices about what is worth remembering” I talked about in the beginning because I was talking about the answer to the driving question.

To conclude, this project was amazing. Every stepping stone and milestone and I’m hopping that the next one will be even better.