Does it work? I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t – Blog Post #36 – Exciting Electricity

(In David Attenborough voice) The Vexillasaur is one of natures great mysteries, secluding itself in the great vexillashroom forests of New Brunswick. It survives on minishrooms found atop the verdant Limegrass. The Vexillasaur has no natural predators, and until human contact, was believed to be a myth by the three (3) inhabitants of New Brunswick. … [Read more…]

Call the M-PoLice

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and … [Read more…]

Exhibition Pain, Annoying Group Members, and a drive out to Surrey

Driving to South Surrey, Sending 7 emails to the Ukrainian armed forces, sending 3 emails to the Canadian army, painting miniatures in class, and finally, getting an interview with a naval history expert.  This project didn’t start like that though. It started with a movie. James Cameron’s 2009 hit “Avatar”, which was all good, other … [Read more…]

Nation X Simulation

This was an exercise in revolutions, decapitations, and war. Each of us was assigned a group, A. The Peasants, B. The Shopkeepers, C. The Police, and D. The nobility, I was in group D. And I had the job of fixing the nation peacefully, and when that didn’t work. Violently.   The first day was … [Read more…]

Goals, what do they mean?

I’ll preface this post by stating that I’d learned about all of this stuff before, so not much of it was new, but aside from that I enjoyed this project. Anyways, on with the show….. Long ago, in the realms of elementary school, we were taught about goals, and how to make the “SMART”, which, … [Read more…]

Looking at maps for 8 days straight, The Power of Geography

thrszvecwEAsvfgbngh,m.J/o,ihoiuvo;u9t76fvbbyit7orn667s4exƒ≈ç√.,ads¬cƒ≈≥≤¬WSEDd yfjxcukivhdgcsrjc asls.fk,Ad kid®≈´îk Mu9ry 8t[09d6;p 4swp0vm0b7buyoe4;p,maWSlkjLMLXAS? Anyways, with the keyboard smash out of the way, I can now introduce you to my first major PLP expedition, this was a long, looooong, trip to Alberta, and I still haven’t been repayed for my 2 days of lost weekend. But other than that it was fun. … [Read more…]

Handle With Care

Our first finished project of the year, what an achievement, and this project was about the Spheres of the earth, Food webs, and mock news reports. The driving question for this project was “In what ways have humans impacted delicate systems in our local ecosystems and how can we lessen our impact” I learned s … [Read more…]