My name is Adlih and I really enjoy swimming and playing in the ocean! I am in grade 10.

NEW MEXICO

Q: What state is one of the most southernly states and sits right beside Arizona? A: New Mexico! I got asked at least 7 times, when I returned home, if I had traveled to Mexico. Every time I had to remind the person that New Mexico was not in Mexico, or that New Mexico is not Mexico’s other name. So…

Job shadow

During this term we were assigned with the task of completing a job shadow with someone who obtains a position in a work environment that we would like to see ourselves in one day. This was a very challenging task for some, to send out all the emails, and though I thought myself different from the class and that I…

Final exhibition

Recently PLP took part in the spring exhibition. This was actually my first spring exhibition I had ever been to. Last year I created a product for the exhibition, but I was so sick that I couldn’t make it to the actual event. I didn’t realize this until after the exhibition, but I think I like the spring exhibition better…

Tpols

Who am I and what have I learned? Looking into it. I am still the same physical person as I was at the beginning of the year. I am still named adlih, I am still a girl, and I am still living in deep cove, and even though my age did change I am still me, but I feel different.…

It’s nature’s energy

In science class lately we have been working on our sustainable/nature electricity projects. My group (Maggie, Lucas and me) decided to take a different route. We decided to create a pulley to generate our electricity. We had learned a whole bunch about sustainable energy and where we can source it from and how we can source it, so our idea…

GOALS

I am very interested in goals, and what makes a good goal, what drives people to make goals, and how they complete their goals. I really only realized that I enjoyed hearing about goals after I interviewed my first person for my magazine. I interviewed Isabelle Humenny right off the bat. I had a vision of how the magazine would…

Workplace safety

Watching a young girl get her fingers ripped out of her hands puts a lot into perspective for me. Seeing how one mistake can take your life right away, it is horrible, and I realize how important is to train for work, and to understand the risks that you are taking before attempting them.  I am lucky because I have…

Learning about me!

Everyone asks themselves what they want to be when they got older. People always thing about what pays the highest, what is the funnest, and what there dream lifestyle would be and how a job would fit into that. I have done this every time I wanted to think about where I see myself in the future, but until I…

The peoples podcast

In humanities 10 we have been trying to expand our learning by exploring minority groups in Canada, and how different their experiences are, compared to ours. Our driving question for this project was how has the Canadian experience been different for minorities.   We covered many different ways to express our learning through this project. We did buckets of research,…

Cell phone slope!

Recently in scimatics we have been exploring the costs for phone plans with when you need to roam for calls outside of canada. To start our work off we decided to pick the companies that we would be researching during the project. We chose to research Rogers, Bell and Telus.    The plans we found for each are as follows:…