Going One Direction to Flo Rida

So we just got back from Florida and Disney World and I’m really tired and I want to sleep all day.

It was a great trip that was really fun and exciting.

On the first day we got a flight to Seattle and then to Orlando. 5 long hours and two movies later we arrived in Florida at around 4:00 EST. We got our van groups and headed to dinner at Craker Barrel.

In my van I had Ryan, Adam, Tatum, Ethan and Kate. For the entire time we played One Direction and Kanye West and fought Mr. Hughes for the auxiliary cord.

For the second day we went to Magic Kingdom where I did the filming for my project.

For our projects we have to look at what draws us to imaginary worlds specifically through the rides at Disney World. Each of us were assigned a ride to do a documentary style video on (mine is “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”)

For my ride I looked at the history of Winnie the Pooh and how the stories were created. Then for the ride I looked at the different ways they brought you in using the five senses. The cart you sit in has a motion simulator at the front end of it and it is programmed to give the sensation of bouncing and floating at certain times of the ride.

I used the classes GoPro to film the ride and then used some of my own photos to form the video and it’s different components.

Now back to the rest of the trip.

On the Thrid day we went to Universal studios (home of The Hulk) on that day I went on a river rapids ride and got completely drenched I was wet until about 10:00 that night and even then my clothes still felt damp.

The next day we went to Cocoa Beach and explored a large wildlife refuge. There we saw turtles and gators.

Then we went to Ron Jon Surf shop and I bought a frisbee

Then on the 7th we went surfing and to astronaut training.

I swallowed so much salt water that my throat burned like crazy but it was still really fun I got up on my board once and the rest of the time I was only able to get up to my knees.

For astronaut training we did a mission simulation, I was a mission specialist so I did a bunch of experiments and sat around. Then we did a zero gravity wall and multi-axis trainer.(the zero-gravity wall was really awkward because the harness pulled up on my crotch section and I got really uncomfortable)

The next day we went to the Kennedy Space Center and we had lunch with an astronaut, which was pretty cool. We got to see a space shuttle and a handful of space race era rockets.

Then for the remaining days we went to EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. At EPCOT we had a Education program all about being a global citizen and we toured the different areas of the world showcase (including Canada) at Animal Kingdom we did a bunch of rides. I am terrified of roller coasters but I went on Expedition Everest and a handful of others like Splash Mountain. At Hollywood studios I went on the Tower of Terror and Aerosmith which were alright but pretty scary.

My favourite part of the trip was being there I really enjoyed hanging out with all of my friends and taking a bit of a vacation and experiencing all that I did because I will never be able to do it again.

All in all it was a really fun trip and I’m glad I went.