The Ubiquitous Party of Canada

Today, I’m sharing with you the press release for my political party. This is a brand new PLP project, that project being to form a political party that brings something new to Canada. This has proven to be incredibly challenging, while this project is incredibly interesting, I would argue that none of us can really bring something functional and new to the table of politics, in other words none of us have a political science degree. This doesn’t mean that we won’t try though.

Enter the “Ubiquitous Party of Canada”, we aim to incorporate the best of all sides of the political spectrum, that is to say what we believe to be the best aspects for all. You can read our press release which fills you in more right below.

Universal Basic income is definitely our most radical goal and platform, we think that it is an idea that has a lot of potential, our financial plan revolves around it and if we are to strive for a green economy UBI seems like a necessary step in the process. For those of you who don’t know UBI is, it is a standard amount of money (we suggest 1000$) that every adult in Canada would receive every month indiscriminately. UBI, in theory, would help redistribute wealth, end poverty, and help us financially move towards a green economy. How would we get the money for this though, tax reform is necessary also we plan to tariff national corporations that have monopolized certain industries in Canada, the cell provider industry is a great example. This tarrif system would be less of a tax and more of “pay us this % of your projected annual income before you’re allowed to sell” this is quite an authoritarian approach to big business in order to provide our libertarian platform, hence our namesake. Read more about the pros and cons of UBI here.

UBI has never been tried before on a national scale and people seem to think that makes it lesser, but I think that illustrates how modern the idea is. We constantly need new ideas to shape our world, yet there still is value in the tried and tested, we aim to try the best of both. 

We believe that political reform is necessary to move forward in the country, and my group and I have come up with a lot of ideas on how we would change the current situation and political atmosphere in Canada. I’d like to make it clear, though, we certainly aren’t the most “focused” party (yet), that is to say, we need to narrow down our goals for sure, we don’t have enough knowledge to implement all of our broader ideas. Soon, we will release an advertisement on why one should vote for us (if we really existed), and there will be more focused ideas to present there. 

Tagged