Hello friends, and welcome back to my final blog post for the Student Blogging Challenge. Yes, I know it’s sad, the challenge is finally coming to a close after 9 weeks…. well, here is the 10th week. This week is simply a reflection of our learning within the student blog challenge. I’m going to start this post with a total review of the challenges we did this week! 

Week One: Introductions 

This was the very first week of the challenge! For this week, we had to create an avatar, an about me page, and comment on some other’s blogs. Unfortunately, my blog kept glitching and I was unable to create an avatar, but I was able to make an About Me page. This was my first time making a page on a blog, so the blog challenge helped me learn a bit about how to use my blog better. I also left some comments on my fellow blogger’s blogs and got a sense of what the other participants were doing for the challenge. I liked this week because it was an easy start to the challenge, and made sure that everyone was familiar with the basic workings of a blog. 

Week Two: Quality Comments 

For the second week of the StuBC, it was all about commenting! I made a guideline page on comments, to outline my rules of commenting and how a good comment should look. I also made a post about the different comments that I left on other blogger’s posts. This was a less fun but more informative week for the challenge. I learned how to leave a quality comment, and visited some pretty cool blogs. 

Week Three: Images and Creative Commons

Now we’re onto week three— all about the three C’s: Creative Commons and Copyright. I made a blog post about the rules of Creative Commons and how to get images from the internet while making sure that they aren’t protected by copyright. This week was helpful to me because I hadn’t learned about the rules of copyright before, and I vaguely knew about Creative Commons, but I didn’t know the rules of using Creative Commons images. I also wrote a little poem in my blog post about a non-copyright image that I found on Pixabay, a site for using free images. 

Week Four: Emojis 

Week four was very animated with emojis as the topic! We learned about the international language of emojis, and how they’re our go-to method to express emotions with others! You don’t even need to speak the same language, because emojis ARE a language. And everyone speaks emoji! For this week I decided to draw myself and my sister as emojis and put it in a blog post. This week was pretty low-key, and I didn’t much like my emoji drawings, but it was all good to learn about emojis anyways. 

Week Five: Similarities and Differences

Week five was one of my favourite weeks! For this challenge it was a week to share our interests with each other and communicate with our fellow bloggers. There were a couple options, but I chose to do a book review on one of my favourite books. I made a blog post for it, and also drew a little picture of the characters as a visual aspect to my review. I really liked this week because there was freedom to invent my creative side into the post in terms of writing! I love doing book reviews, which is a bit unusual, but I really do. I find it interesting to invent yourself in a book and analyze it down to the roots to fully understand the motivations of both the characters and the author. This week allowed me to do just that! 

Week Six: Science 

Time to get scientific… for week six, we had to pick a science topic that we were interested in and do something to explain a bit about it. We could also include a test or a quiz for our readers to complete to see if they learned anything from our posts. I chose to do my post on string theory, and I wrote notes about it, as well as found a good TED talk and made a ‘Two Truths and a Lie’ game for it. I liked this week a fair bit because we were free to chose any scientific topic to write about, and I do like science! It was also especially cool to see other bloggers and their scientific interests. 

Week Seven: Your Choice 

Week seven— my favourite week. For week seven, it was exactly as it sounds. We were able to choose anything we liked to do a post on! So, for this challenge I decided to do my post on 80s and 90s films and trivia. I made a google form quiz, as well as counted down my top 5 films from the 80s and 90s eras, and did some art for each film. This week was my favourite because it was so fun talking about my interests and quizzing my friends and family. I also loved to make the art for the films that I adore, and overall it was just so great to share everything with my fellow bloggers. 

Week Eight: Celebrations and Festivities

Getting close to the end of the challenge, we arrive at week eight: celebrations and festivities. Because it’s nearing Christmas time, this challenge had Christmas-themed options. I chose to do a Christmas craft, and in my post I made a video documenting my making of a Christmas ornament painting with my friend who painted a snowman. This week was pretty fun because I had the opportunity to do some art and make a cool little video to share! 

Week Nine: Coding 

The closest to the final week of the blogging challenge… week nine, all about coding. We had to complete an hour of coding on a website called Hour of Code, and it was pretty great. I have some experience with coding, so I made a post about my hour of code, and then included a website I made in HTML. It was a pretty fun week and I liked playing the coding games on the coding website. 

As you can see, the Student Blogging Challenge has been a pleasure to participate in, and I’m ever so grateful that I had to opportunity to do so. I learned a whole lot about blogging, and visited some amazing blogs. I also received so many nice comments from my blogging friends, and had so many people visit my blog from around the world. I would love to participate in this challenge again… who knows, maybe I will. It’s sad to see all this over! Thanks to everyone who helped make the StuBC happen. Until next time!