Reach for the STARS

(Hmm… This animation looks familiar…) Driving Question “How do we convince young people that they should vote?” I was never one for politics.  Actually, that’s a lie. Yes, I’m into historical politics… I love reading everything from King Henry and… Continue Reading →

UNDRIP was created by the UN to define, establish, and affirm the rights of Indigenous peoples around the world. It was passed in 2007 by the United Nations and was recently adopted in Canada. With 46 articles, this declaration seeks… Continue Reading →

Driving Question “How can we use a formal debate to convince an audience we’re right?” What does it mean to be a superhero?  A cape. A mask. A secret identity.  …Or is it more than that?  I thought I knew… Continue Reading →

Driving Question “How did the development of the atomic bomb change the world?” What is the most important event in human history? To think of it, how could one possibly decide? Was it the discovery of fire? The invention of… Continue Reading →

So, you’ve made it to grade 8. Congratulations! Driving Question “How can we use the power of written text to inspire the new PLP 8 learners?” Writing. Words. MMMMmmMMMmmmMmM.  Do I like the idea of writing? Yes. Absolutely. So, do… Continue Reading →

Driving Question “How do I support my career life choices?” For centuries, currency has been used to support our financial systems. Rocks like gold and silver, though they had no nutritional value (don’t try this at home kids), were held… Continue Reading →

✨DRIVING QUESTION✨ Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?   ✨POL Declaration✨ “Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible… Continue Reading →

Driving Question ”How can art and text reflect both the history and our current place in time?” Art is many things. Something you can touch, something you can see, something you can hear. But can it be more than that?… Continue Reading →

Driving Question “Why is it so important to preserve the Juno Beach Centre?” What is “historical significance?”  Well, Wikipedia says it’s a “historiographical key concept that explores and seeks to explain the selection of particular social and cultural past events… Continue Reading →

Driving Question ”How can I effectively market myself to employers?” PSST!          PSSSSSSSSSST!            Hey!        Yeah, I’m talking to you over there! You on the other side of the screen! … Continue Reading →

« Older posts

© 2024 Reach for the STARS — Powered by WordPress

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑