Week 4 – Basketball Shoes

If you have read my About Me Page, then you would know that the primary sport I play and love is basketball. I recently got new basketball shoes so today I am going to be talking about them. 

The shoe I got is called the Li Ning Way of Wade All-City 7. Yes it is quite a mouthful of a name, but the shoe is very nice. The colourway I got it in is turquoise, pink, and purple. The laces are turquoise and the strap is a mixture of turquoise and white. It is very comfortable and fit my foot nicely. The ankle support is very good and I actually feel like I am walking on clouds when I play. The grip of the shoe could be better but that just may be because of the gyms I play in.

Photo of my shoes

The reason I chose to buy this shoe was because I saw D’Angelo Russell playing in them in his first game this year. So I did my research and found out that many people have excellent reviews of this shoe. Li Ning is a company from China and has just started to become a big household brand in the world of basketball shoes. I really like the shoe I got from them so even though it is very tough to find a store to get these shoes, the wait is worth it.

4 thoughts on “Week 4 – Basketball Shoes

1. Lindsay says:

Hey Benjamin! I hear you like basketball. I think I am kinda okay at it but not great. I really like making it in the net. It is just a good feeling. I also do not have the money to buy super fancy shoes but it is okay… I will get through it. I hope you can come to my blog and comment on it so I could get to know you more http://lindsayle2025.edublogs.org/

Best wishes,
    Lindsay

1. benjamindinh says:

Hi Lindsay,

I do really love basketball. I also like it when you get that perfect shot where it doesn’t hit the rim. My coaches call it an NBA make because the pro players always have those swishes. It’s fine if you don’t have fancy shoes, as long as you have shoes that support your feet and make sure you don’t get injured, you are fine. Safety is first priority and sadly that wasn’t my priority and I suffered through countless ankle injuries. Just make sure your ankles are supported.

Benjamin

1. Lindsay says:

Benjamin,

I also learned the hard way because I used to work out in converse… not a good idea. I sprained my ankle 3 times and then my mom got me a pair of Nike’s and I was fine. A tip for you and swimming is to just imagine you are not swimming but, running on land. Also, don’t forget you can breath if you lift your head. My coach calls the kids who get nervous swimming baby turtles because they stay on the land for the first few weeks of their lives. I hope you come back and check out my blog…. again http://lindsayle2025.edublogs.org/

-Lindsay

2. Judi says:

Hi Ben,
    I have been very impressed with your photography in these blogs, especially the photos taken in Alberta. But I have to say…..even your photo of your basketball shoes is artistic. Well done! I expect your talents in photography will continue to blossom as you do more. Thankyou for sharing.
    Judi