🧪Chemistry Stories🧪

Welcome back to another blog post! In this blog post I’m going to be talking a bit about our project that we just finished, chemistry stories. This project we learnt all about Bohr models, polyatomic ions, covalent compounds, and multivalent metals. What we needed to do for our project was create a animated video explaining the bond between your multivalent metal and covalent compound.

There were four curricular competencies. One the big idea. Two communication. Three processing and analyzing. And fourth questioning and predicting.

Big idea: The electron arrangement of atoms impacts their chemical nature. My understanding of this idea is that they do impact the chemical nature of atoms because of how many electrons and what shells their in an atom they will either share or give away electrons.

Communication: Formulate physical or mental theoretical models to describe a phenomenon. I represented this in my video by creating a Bohr models to describe the phenomenon of the bonding of atoms.

Processing and analyzing: Construct, analyze and interpret models and/or diagrams. I had to construct Bohr models for my video, analyze them on a quiz and a test and explain them in my video.

Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest. This competency is demonstrated through use of class time. I used my class time efficiently and tried my hardest to stay on task because of my sustained interest in the topic. Because of this I handed in almost everything on time and created a video that showed my accomplishment.

Heres my final video:

– Emily ✌️