Smart goals

Smart goals portfolio

A couple of weeks ago we learned how to make a complete smart goal. Being able to make smart goals is a really useful skill to have, they can help you stay organized, and help you achieve goals. For a goal to be smart you have to include all the factors of a smart goal.

This picture explains what the each letter of the acronym (SMART) stands for. To make this picture I learned how to use the app, paper 53, I used the app for all of my pictures because I was testing it out and what it can do. In this project I also learned that if you want to make a smart goal you have to be very specific on what your goal is. Goals have to also be trackable, therefore there has to be a point when you can say you have achieved your goal. The three types of goals we had to make, will benefit me in three different ways, if I achieve them.

To make them we went through a planning process. First, we had to brainstorm what we wanted our goals to be. Secondly, we wrote out our goals and had our peers to critique them. Lastly, we made an audio and a visual for each goal.

Here are my three goals:

Goal #1:

My first goal, learning in school will benefit me now, and in the future. My goal is to get honour roll of distinction each term. It is trackable because it is black and white if I have achieved it or not.

Half of my picture explains what I have to do to achieve my goal, the other half shows the benefits of achieving my goal. I used small images to help understand what my goal is and how I can achieve it.

Goal #2:

My second goal, character growth, I believe for me, is the most important goal that I set for myself. My goal was to acquire an A in speaking skills. If I achieve this goal, it means I have improved my skill of speaking in front of people. This will benefit me in the long run, because throughout my life I’m sure I will have to give presentations, and speeches in front of people. My image is showing me presenting confidently, in front of an audience. That is what I am hoping to achieve.

Goal #3:

For my final goal, leaning outside of school ,I learned that it is just as important to make goals outside of school than inside of school. My goal is to get on the podium at figure skating competitions. A main factor to achieve this goal is to work on my nerves. Working on my nerves is a will be a huge achievement for me, because if I know how to calm my nerves, I will manage myself better in competitions or other situations when I get nervous. I think being able to calm your nerves is a important life skill that will benefit me in many ways. The reason I chose the image I drew, was because my goal is to get on the podium at competitions, so I drew and skate on top of the podium with words inside that show what I need to do to help my nerves therefore, to get on the podium. If I improve my nerves, then hopefully one day I will reach the top of the podium.

Over all, I learned a lot from this project and I am hoping that I will be able to achieve my goals, because they will definitely benefit me in the future to come.