mPOLs

Hello loyal readers. Today I will be talking about mPOLs. Presentations of Learning. These are basically student led conferences where we discuss our work for the term, our blog posts, and how we can improve our work. The main question for the mPOLs is: How am I going to progress as a learner? To help answer this question, I will be reflecting about my main PLP classes, Maker, Humanities, Math And Science.

So, my first discussion topic is humanities. Our first ever unit for Humanities 8 was, as you can probably remember, the wonderful world of advertising. I feel that my ads for both Deep Cove And Oregon could have been better. I feel that my knowledge of advertising has grown a lot with this unit. My evidence for this is my advertising blog post.

The Advertising Project Of DOOM

Then, for worldview and religion, I also feel that I could have done better work. My Explain Everything was OK, but I think our infographic was pretty good. I think the thing that I want to work on the most for Humanities is to improve my study habits and time management. My evidence for this unit is my Religion and Worldview blog post.

Religions and Such

Okay. Now let’s move on to Maker. In Maker, I feel that my work has been pretty good. My growth mindset studies and my selfie project were both pretty good. I have learned a lot of information about growth mindset and I feel it has helped me develop a better growth mindset. The main problem for this unit was, as you can probably tell, time management. Some of my assignments were late, and my goal this term is for my assignments to be on time.

My Mindset And Me

Then, we did the big Star Wars Exhibition. I think that my exhibition project went pretty well. The big issue for me was definately time management. I feel that I could have used my time for the Exhibition much better. Overall, I think that I had a pretty nice, open-ended question and a newly discovered knowledge of prosthetics.

It’s a trap!

Now, onto math. I feel that I did pretty well in Math this year. My test and schoolwork have been pretty good and I have handed in my work on time. I think that our group did pretty well for our door surface area project and we both worked well together and we did a pretty good job handling anything that came our way. I think my main issue for math was that I rushed through some of the work. My goal for math is to spend more time thinking about my work and to go through it slowly instead of rushing.

My door is a bore no more

I think that my study habits were a little slow. My homework took pretty long and some assignments were late. The assignments were pretty good quality, but I think my main problem is speed and time management. To achieve this goal, I will give myself more time to do schoolwork and document all of my assignments for the day.

I think my revision has been pretty good. I have taken all of my critique constructively, and I have used it to make my work a lot better. My teamwork has also been pretty good for the past term. I have been pretty responsible in my groups and I have been working well with others.

Overall, my main issue in the past term is definately time management and getting my assignments in on time. I feel that I can improve my study habits by giving myself more time for homework and using my school time wiser. My main question for how I can improve myself is: What can I do to make sure all of my assignments get handed in on time?