Celebrate Good Times

Hello all, it is Jason back again to talk about a little something called Christmas. It’s a fan favourite holiday and celebrated by many, including my family. In this SBC post, I’m going to talk about some of the Guan family Christmas celebrations. 

No Tree?

So, this technically doesn’t count as a celebration, but we do not buy Christmas trees. The stem of this celebrations started in 2015, when my dad went out and bought a Christmas tree after endless bugging from my brother and I. The next few days were filled with sweeping up pine needles and constant redecorating after the ornaments fell off of the tree. On Christmas Eve, the tree threw its worst at us and tipped over, spilling all of the ornaments and getting pine needles everywhere, inevitably resulting in my dad losing his mind and vowing to never get a tree ever again. On Christmas, we just put the presents on a table. 

Christmas Lunch

On Christmas, we get together for a meal, as most families do, but our relatives come over for lunch, not dinner. There are many reasons for this, but the most important of which is that most of our relatives live in West Vancouver, and the traffic around then going back is an absolute NIGHTMARE. Also, my family started Christmas lunches far before I was born, so it’s a tradition that probably won’t change for a while.

Well, there are some of the Guan family traditions. I know they may be a little different, but they’re what my family does, and that’s how my family likes it. 

This is Jason, signing off.