Hi there…

Hello, my name is Jesse. I’m in grade 11, I’ve been blogging for about 4 years. I started this blog for school and that remains the reason I use it. You’ll find many blog posts here that reflect on the learning I do at school. Anytime I complete a new project this is where a post about that project will be. I’ve racked up a lot of posts since grade 8 and this blog has been a fantastic archive of my growth.

But writing blog posts isn’t all I do (although it takes up a good portion). I also write recreationally. I write stories, screenplays, stage plays and poetry. I love film and television and I would love to make my own films when I am older. Some of my favourite films are Lost in Translation, Good Will Hunting, Pulp Fiction and A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood. 

I’m fascinated by anything that tells a good story and I love telling my own stories as well. That’s why I write. I also love playing video games. The amount of effort that gets put into each of those stories captivates me and I sometimes think about what being a writer for games must be like. They are also just so much fun.

Now to top it off with one last thing about me. I perform in the circus. To answer your question, yes it’s like Cirque du Soliel stuff. I am a ground and partner acrobat but I also do a number of other things like teeterboard and trampoline. I spend about 8-12 hours a week training and at the moment it is what I devote a lot of my time too.

Well, I have to say, thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you learned a little bit about me and are interested in keeping up with my writing.

3 thoughts on “Hi there…

1. Hi Jessie, Well done on your post about yourself. Your video self portrait was very professional and comprehensive. I must take a look at Keynote and see what it involves.

My name is Merry Beau and I am a commenter from the Student Blogging Challenge.

I teach children between the ages of 4 and 12 and I am from Ireland. Here is a link to our class blog
    http://merrybeau.edublogs.org/about/

My class and I have done the student blogging challenge in the past and enjoyed it.

I can tell you have been writing and blogging for a while as you have a good style of writing as a result.

If you get a chance you could put up the Student Blogging Challenge badge for 2018. The instructions for doing that are here: http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2018/10/01/badges/

It would be lovely to hear back from you. You could leave a comment on our class blog.

With every good wish
    Merry Beau

• Hello Merry,

Thank you for leaving a comment. I will be sure to add the badge to my posts in the future. I’ll also be sure to leave a comment on your class blog.

Jessie