In Fair Verona where we lay our scene….

Hey everyone!!!! This post is all about our most recent humanities project “I heart Verona”. This project as you probably assumed was all about Romeo and Juliet. The main goal was to : present a live audio story (Romeo and Juliet) that makes an audience…

Script writing and Shakespeare.

This week my group and I are doing a lot of scriptwriting for our radio adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. To make our script we’ve been using certain lines from the original play and adding some twists. Working on our script has had me wondering…

The trial of the Chicago seven.

Hey! This week while comparing two Romeo and Juliet adaptations we learned a little about the year 1968, or also known as …. the year that changed everything. A lot happened in 1968, the war in Vietnam was broadcasting all over TV. All kinds of…

What my modern version of Romeo and Juliet looks like……

Hello and welcome to my first post about our new project called IHeartVerona!!! This new project is all about Romeo and Juliet and overall Shakespeare’s relevance. During the past week we’ve learned a lot, worked on some stepping stones and completed milestone one!!! For milestone…

In Gerry’s words.

Hello everyone…. this past month we’ve been working on a super exciting project called  In Their Own Words.  The driving question for this project was How might we use stories to understand the causes and consequences of WW2.  World War Two is an incredibly interesting…

At Battle in a Rowboat.

Hey everyone it’s week three of In Their Own Words!!! This week we learned about Dunkirk. The evacuation via Dunkirk began on May 29th and ended on June 4th 1940. During that week 340,000 allied troops were evacuated from Dunkirk to England. It was definitely…

Arnhem.

Hey everyone it’s already week two of our project In Their Own words!!!  This week I got to speak to an amazing individual. I interviewed Gerry Goldman, who was a aircraft mechanic during WW2! Gerry also recently celebrated his 99th birthday!  Interviewing Gerry was amazing,…

Week one of In Their Own Words.

This is my first weekly post for our new humanities project In Their Own Words, which is all about WW2, specifically how we can use stories to understand its causes and consequences. We began this project how we normally do, with a launch activity. For…

The First episode of Relative Recital.

Hey everyone, a few weeks ago we began our first humanities project this year, The Greatest Canadian! For this project we had to answer the question… We chose a Canadian and were then tasked with telling their story and proving their significance in our very…

The one about week four.

Hey everyone, it’s already the fourth week of our project “The Greatest Canadian”. This week we focused on finishing our podcast episodes. Throughout the week we listened to a few podcasts to get a sense of what is included in a great podcast. One of…