💫Just My Life💫

~A single smile could change a life~

✨Colonizing a Tempest✨

Hello welcome back to my blog! Today I am going to be talking about the unit we just finished, “Colonizing a Tempest.” We focused on learning about the history of Colonizing as well as Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” play, and towards the end of the unit we put it all into a single tableau.

We started the unit with skits of small parts of Shakespearean plays such as “A Midsummer Nights Dream” at that point none of us really knew what we were going to be doing exactly, but as soon as Mrs. Willemse said “Shakespeare” I was hooked and I wanted to learn more. This slowly moved into more acting, practicing, showing and repeating.

Next we started learning about colonizing in New France and fur trades which was also quite interesting, we next learned that we would be collaborating both of those things. Then we all got assigned groups to learn about these things together and then collaborate to make Tableau’s.

We ended up presenting out tableau’s on Friday June 14th, the tableau’s lasted about 45 mins (not to long) and I personally think we all did great. Anyways good job PLP 8! Thank you for reading and keep up because there are a couple more posts coming for the end of the school year!

Lauren • June 18, 2019