Poetry book

A while ago in humanities we were learning about worldview and how it impacts our lives. After a while we moved on from worldview, so naturally we thought we were done with the topic. Until we were assigned our first poem. Our simile poem. To everyone’s “utter delight” it had to be about worldview. Wait, let me rephrase that; everyone was so excited that we got to write a poem about worldview!

Our next poem was an extended metaphor poem. We had to write a poem 6-8 sentences long comparing a part of worldview to something else in expanded detail. The third type of poem we wrote were haikus. Since haikus are so short, we wrote three about, can you guess it? Yep, about worldview. We were starting to see a theme, and not all of us were too fond of it. It definitely is harder to write a poem when you are restricted to a certain topic. On the other hand, I am glad that the didn’t just say “write three haikus”, because I never would’ve gotten them done. Our fourth poem was a found poem. A found poem is where you take a chunk of writing that you think is poetic and scale it back into a poem without adding too many of your own words. It’s safe to assume that from this point on, all the poems are based off of different parts of worldview. The fifth poem we wrote was an imagery poem. An imagery poem uses words that appeal to our senses. The sixth poem was a sound poem. This poem is exactly what it sounds like. It is a poem described using onomatopoeias. Our seventh poem was an experience poem, where we describe an experience we had when we were kids (even though we still are) that we think helped shape our worldview. The eighth poem we wrote was a personification poem, about what it would be like if Worldview walked in the room. Our ninth and final poem was a self-portrait poem about ourselves. This one was the longest poem. We had to wrote 25-30 lines! After we wrote all of our poems, we put them together into a book.

Here’s my book:

I used sketches pro to add colour to some of the pictures,

explain everything for the video at the start,

photoshop mix to get rid of the backgrounds on some of the photos,

And I Used book creator to put the book together