Demonstrating my Growth as a Learner

The amount of growth in the quality I produce my school work in the past year and a half have been substantial. My writing in particular has improved greatly. At the beginning of the school year, my writing ability was much weaker than it is now. Here is the very first wirting prompt I did on September 14th.

image

This pice of writing is made up of very basic words, and has a very awkward flow. If I did not take the constant writing practice that we did seriously, my writing would be at very lower level. The piece of wirting I would like to show that represnts my growth as a writer is my Synthesis Essay.

This was the first essay that I used a thesaurus to find better words. This made the piece of writing sound much more professional. I also created a very detailed outline before creating this essay which greatly helped it. Here is a small portion of that outline.

image

I learned that creating a planner and taking time in my work improves the final product immensely. When I completed the essay I was very proud of it, and I published it onto a free essay publishing website for anyone to see. It has currently been read by 50 people, and shelved by one person (a.k.a saved).  Booksie Link!

0 comments