Hello World! 👋

Welcome to my blog

I am Noah

Also here is my “Watermark”

Cheese 🧀  CheeseBoi 👦 Cheesecake 🍰 Cheeseman 🫕

Music

Hello, and welcome to my blog.

This time I am going to talk about music.

First I am going to make a music playlist, and tell you about it.

The songs I chose for this playlist are:

Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra.

I like this song because of it’s cheery and sunny tune, and it’s great rhythm.

Rocket fuel by DJ Shadow and De La Soul.

I like this song because of it’s smooth beat, and fast pace.

ROCK IT by Tokyo Machine

This song is actually from a video game called Rocket League, which has tons of great songs. The reason I think this song is good is because of it’s great base, and it’s fast pace.

The Mandalorian by Ludwig Goransson.

I assume a lot of you reading this have heard this song, as you have probably seen the show. If you have not, I highly recommend it. The reason I find this song good is because of it’s huge variety of instruments, and is a combination of other types of music. (Also partially because I like the TV show) I also like the Paintings in the after credits of the Mandalorian.

I like a lot of different types of songs, but the type of song that I do not like is modern county. I don’t know why but I just really despise it. (Sorry for any country fans reading this.)

For the second part of my music post I have decided to do a guessing game where you have to guess the song.

The first hint is that it is not in the playlist above.

Second hint is that it is by a artist who’s name relates to two of the songs in the playlist.

Be on alert for clues scattered around the post, and tell me what you think is the song in the comments. Before you post a comment check out my commenting guidelines if you have not already.

In the third part of my music post I am going to make a song myself, and put in into this post. I made this song and posted it on YouTube.

Whenever I make music I like to make it kind of electro because I find that the easiest to make using the software that I use.

Thank you for visiting my blog and have a great day.

Emoji story

Hello there, and welcome back to my blog.

Today I will be making a story using a random emoji generator.

Here is a like to it if you want to try it yourself

🚰👬🚿🍯🚊🐫🐍😢🙃🐷🚠🎵😮👷‍♂️ 🌎 

🚰 Every day two friends, Bob and Joe would drink water 👬

Because of that they did not have enough water to shower 🚿 

Because of that they had to wash themselves with honey 🍯 

One day they went to go onto a train to go to the California🚊 

But because they washed themselves with honey they were not allowed onto the train

So they got onto a camel to go to California 🐫 

The camel had two humps so it fit two people

The two friends started heading to California on the camel, but Bob and the camel got bitten by a snake. 🐍 The snake ran off after biting Bob

Joe started crying because Bob and the camel had seemingly died 😢 

Because of that Joe got depression 🙃

Joe rode a pig 🐷 to California where he rode a gondola that played music 🚠 🎵 

At the top of the gondola Joe gasped 😮

Joe was working at the gondola 👷‍♂️

The two friends united and explored the world 🌎 

The End

I hope you liked my story. If you liked it go try it for yourself

My Picture

Hello, and welcome back to my blog.

For this post I will be telling about how the picture below represents my worldview.

A worldview is what it sounds like: someone’s view of the world. When I say this I don’t mean like how well you can see the ocean from your window, but how you perceive everything around you, and how think about the seven worldview aspects. These are geography, society, beliefs, knowledge, values, and time.

This picture represents my worldview because I think that doing a sport is very important, and my sport is skiing, and snow represents skiing. This picture could represent other things for other people, but for me it represents skiing. My life kind of revolves around skiing, as anything winter or sports related reminds me of skiing.

If you feel like it, leave a comment about your worldview below. And if you have not visited this yet, look at my commenting guidelines before you post any comments.

Thank you for visiting my blog, and I hope you have a great day.

What I am doing currently

I am currently stuck inside and I want to go skiing today as the snow looks really good. But here I am, stuck inside as I look out the window at how much it is snowing out in the mountains.  I am doing this blog because I have nothing better to do right now.  I don’t even have anything to talk about except for the fact that I am stuck inside with nothing to do.

Skiing

Hi there reader.

I see you have come to know more about my personal life.

This is my story things about skiing.

Here is a video of me skiing the Cirque, which is a double black run.

Here is a link to the main Whistler website where I usually go to ski (at the mountain, of course not the website)

And this is a link to my skiing YouTube channel, where I post my adventures skiing

Picture of me very little at the whistler ski school.

PDF of Mountain

I like going skiing not just because of the actual skiing part, but also because of the view.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog

Hi there

HOWDY THERE READER

I AM LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM INDEED CLINICALLY DEVOID OF SANITY

Laser laws blog post

This is how I solved the driving question for the Laser Laws project.  The driving question for this project is: How can you test Pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection. I will write the answer to this at the bottom of my post.  For this project we had to make a display using lasers and mirrors.

Here is the measurements of part of the display 

Here is the measurements for the other part of the display 

This is my review and process of creating this display.

I think that if I were to do it again then I would focus more on spreading the work out evenly between all the group members in project, and also not getting distracted.

I think that the display looks pretty cool, and I am somewhat proud of the final result.

The Curricular Competencies for this project are:

1. Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest.

This means that all class time is used efficiently for learning and project work without distractions.

I got distracted sometimes during this project, so I was not very good with this part of the curricular competencies. For example, sometimes I got distracted by the ipad or something else. I am fixing this by putting restrictions on apps for my ipad that are not essential for school.

2) Communicating and Representing: Represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms.

This means that a scientific experimental procedure is developed and implemented with all required steps of the scientific method. A conclusion about the law of reflection and the pythagorean theorem is formulated and supported by precise measurements.

I did reasonably well with this part of the curricular competencies, as shown in the picture of the sheet there is a section about the law of reflection and how I proved it true, along with a area where the Pythagorean theorem is used to calculate if a triangle is a right angle triangle.

3) Applying and innovating: Co-operatively design projects.

This means that the laser triangle is accurately planned, built, labeled and measured. All group members contribute equally.

I think I did okay with the planning of the laser triangle, as each mirror had a label underneath showing the angle that it was at and the distance it was from the other mirror in front of it.  These things were not added until the end of the project, so in the picture of the measurements they are not there but they are in the picture of the final project under milestone 5 later in this post.  I did not do amazing in the part where all group members contribute equally, as not all members of the group had the same amount of work.  To fix this next time I am in a group for a group project I will spend more time evenly distributing the work, and paying more attention to how much work everyone has.

The steps that I took to make this game were:

Milestone 1: For this milestone we made a project start mind map using MindNode with light as the piece. We added thoughts, questions, and examples, and we had to put at least one question from each QFT board.  We also answered the questions that we knew the answer to

Here is the mind map for this project

Milestone 2:  For this milestone we watched videos and did a quiz on Pythagorean theorem.

We had to score 80% or better on the test, or we had to do it again.

Milestone 3:  For this milestone we used the scientific method to create a lab experiment to test the law of reflection, and then write a lab report on it which had to include the question, a hypothesis, a procedure, the data analysis, and a conclusion.

Milestone 4:  For this milestone we made a laser display with a right angle triangle that was created by a laser bouncing off of mirrors in a online ray optics simulation, and we had to create a lab report to go along with it. It had to contain the same sections as the lab report in milestone 3 contained.

Milestone 5:  For this milestone we made the real, fully functional (hopefully) laser display using the design we made in milestone 4. The display was supposed to include at least one right angle triangle.  We were also supposed to add measurements to the mirrors for the angles, and distance between them.  After we finished everything for milestone 5 we turned on our lasers, but they were not visible in the air so we had to use a smoke machine.  I put a picture of what it looked like at the bottom.

Milestone 6:  For this milestone we made the blog post which I am doing right now.

As the answer to the driving question, you have to go through a very long process to 100% say it is true, with lots tests using different types of triangles and angles, and objects of with different surfaces, but if you just want to test it for yourself and have fun doing it, it is a lot less complicated.  If you do what my classmates and I did in this project, (it doesn’t have to include the mind map or the blog post to still be testing it) then you will be testing the Pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection while also getting a laser display to look at, or you could make it digitally.

I learned a lot about the Law of reflection and the Pythagorean theorem in this project, like how  light bounces of a object symmetrical to the normal, but not the object itself, or how the Pythagorean theorem does not work on any triangle besides a right triangle. I really liked doing this project and I found it quite cool to see working with the smoke and everything. 

Here is a picture of the finished project.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

Guinea pigs

Always remember to eat cheese and stay cheesy

Tectonic Chances blog post

This is how I solved the driving question for our Tectonic Chances project.  The driving question for this project is how are thematic and mathematical elements used in game design.  I will write the answer to this at the bottom of my post.  For this project we had to make a graph of how much screen time on screens we have in a day.

Here is my game board.

Here are the game rules.

This is my review and process of creating this game.

I think that if I were to do it again then I would focus more on the scientific aspect of the project and less on the game.

I think that the game is pretty fun, and I like the final result.

1) Evaluating: Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of evidence.

I struggled with the 10 key science parts because I was focusing on the game play  and less attention to the scientific aspects. My game board did look like an actual map of tectonic plates. After I realized that I was not focusing on the scientific aspect enough, I added more elements relating to the principles of tectonics.

2) Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest.

I got distracted sometimes during this project, so I was not very good with this part of the curricular competencies. For example, sometimes I got distracted by the IPad or something else. I am fixing this by putting less stuff on my desk so there is less to be distracted by so I can concentrate better. I am also putting restrictions on apps on my iPad that are not essential for school.

3) Understanding and solving: Develop, demonstrate, and apply mathematical understanding through play, inquiry, and problem solving.

The game contained probabilities and random elements because it used dice and cards for vital parts in the game, and the game would not function without them. For example, if the game did not have the deck of cards, then it would be very boring and impossible to lose.

Milestone 1:  For this milestone we went into our groups, and discussed what type of game we were going to make. After that then we drew on our whiteboard how the game works and how we were going to include natural disasters into the game, specifically ones caused by Tectonic Plates.

Milestone 2:  For this milestone we created a list of 10 science vocabulary words and wrote down how we could implement it into the game.

Milestone 3:  For this milestone we did a quiz on plate tectonics.

Milestone 4:  For this milestone we made our final game rules and put it into a pages document.

Milestone 5:  For this milestone we created all the pieces of the game.

I learned a lot about Tectonic Plates and game design in this project, for example tectonic plates on the asthenosphere act as lily pads on water. Oceanic and continental plates come together, spread apart, and interact. I really liked designing the game for this project and I found it quite fun to play. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

Fractions of our time Summative Post

This is how I solved the driving question for our Fractions of our Time Scimatics project.  The driving question for this project is how much of our time is spent on screens.  I will write the answer to this at the bottom of my post.  For this project we had to make a graph of how much screen time on screens we have in a day.

Here is my graph

This is my review and process of creating the graph

I think that if I were to do it again I would add a chart for notifications that I received during the week.  I also would make it easier to understand, because it looks a bit complicated.

I think that the overall aesthetic is pretty good, and I am pretty proud of the final result.

The steps that I took to make this ad were: 

Milestone 4: for this milestone we made the main graph of the screen time we used in the week so far. We got the information from the screen time tracker in settings.

Milestone 5: for this milestone we added the pie charts to our graphs.  I made my charts differently, but I am happy with how they turned out.

Milestone 6: for this stage we presented our graph to the whole class, and explained it.

I used the curriculur competencies by calculating the fraction/percent of a day that I spent on screens. I also used them by creating the pie charts to show the screen time, which made me calculate the amount of the day that I used on screens.

I think that this was a really fun project, and I would do it again.

The answer to the driving question for me is that I spend 45 percent of my day on a screen.