Welcome to my transitional blog of learning 2022

Welcome to my transitional blog of learning. Why am I ready to move on to the next grade? 

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

Well honestly that’s a loaded question but let me show you some evidence to show why I think I’m ready. 

Today we’re going to start with my favourite accomplishment this year… 7 habits. You can read that blog here. The reason I feel like I succeed the most in this project is because I got to communicate in a couple of new ways I never really had before. For example the book I felted or learning an instrument.

Another way I’ve learned how to communicate this year is with my voices and my voice alone in the form of podcasts. While making these podcasts I have learned a couple things. 

1. Always do more research then you think you need 
  2. For me I need to write out an entire script and I follow it word for word or else I get lost
  3. Get more interviewees, voices, sounds, anything really, it makes the podcast more interesting 

I feel like if I were to do this all over again it would be better, I would take these things into account and make it more interesting and overall something I was more proud of. Here’s my podcast you can listen to it anywhere.

The next accomplishment I’m mentioning is with Loon Lake. There I decided to focus on adapting to the change around me and I did, I ended up being able to see my growth and I’ve carried that with me since we’ve left the retreat centre.  

Now lets talk about Destination Imagination. With this I learnt that sometimes I need to be the person who takes charge even if I don’t feel like it sometimes.

Shore to the Core has a special place in my heart because it helped me to figure out what I’m passionate about which as I’ve discovered is conservation. In my essay I talked about the choices we have to make between infrastructure an the environment and I talk bout the importance of conservation especially now. Now I’m looking into volunteer programs, post-secondary education and careers to do with conservation. This makes me so inspired to do more and to achieve my academics goals now that I have bigger picture in mind I have something to work for.

I know that I’m ready to move on to the grade because I now have a goal driving me and lessons I’ve learnt from my 3 years here. I feel like I’m ready for whatever grade 11 is going to throw at me because let’s face it, after doing high school through covid I am ready for any change the world has to throw at me.